laptop keyboard out

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by edgy, Oct 26, 2006.

  1. edgy

    edgy Guest

    I know this isn't really an audio question, but maybe someone out there has
    had a similar situation.

    I'm running a Zaxcom Deva V, and use a keyboard to type in track/take names,
    etc..

    I also have a laptop on my rig, and I just had the thought that maybe I
    could use my laptop keyboard to input into the Deva V.

    Is there a program out there (I use Windows and Linux now, but perhaps Mac
    in the near future) that, when running, would route my keystrokes out of the
    USB port - in effect emulating a regular keyboard?

    This would eliminate the need to have two keyboards!

    Any ideas?

    Kan iemand mij een programma raadden waardoor ik mijn laptop keyboard
    gebruik om in mijn Zaxcom Deva V te typen? Het Deva moet gewoon denken dat
    het een normale keyboard is...
    edgy, Oct 26, 2006

  2. rec.arts.movies.production.sound

    Groet,
    Gert
    Gert Wiersema, Oct 26, 2006

  3. edgy

    Arny Krueger Guest

    "edgy" <> wrote in message

    >I know this isn't really an audio question, but maybe someone out there has
    >had a similar situation.
    >
    > I'm running a Zaxcom Deva V, and use a keyboard to type in track/take
    > names, etc..

    > I also have a laptop on my rig, and I just had the thought that maybe I
    > could use my laptop keyboard to input into the Deva V.

    > Is there a program out there (I use Windows and Linux now, but perhaps Mac
    > in the near future) that, when running, would route my keystrokes out of
    > the USB port - in effect emulating a regular keyboard?

    One of the many remote control programs could do that. This includes Remote
    desktop, which is part of XP.

    Basically you run host software on the remote computer (the computer you
    want to direct your keystrokes to) and client software on the pc you want to
    direct keystrokes from. You type into a window that shows the desktop of the
    remote computer.
    Arny Krueger, Oct 26, 2006
  4. > One of the many remote control programs could do that. This includes
    > Remote desktop, which is part of XP.

    Unfortunately, the Zaxcom Deva V is not a Windows based machine.

    http://www.zaxcom.com

    Grt
    Gert Wiersema, Oct 26, 2006
  5. edgy

    edgy Guest

    "Arny Krueger" <> wrote in message

    > One of the many remote control programs could do that. This includes
    > Remote desktop, which is part of XP.
    >
    > Basically you run host software on the remote computer (the computer you
    > want to direct your keystrokes to) and client software on the pc you want
    > to direct keystrokes from. You type into a window that shows the desktop
    > of the remote computer.

    While this would be optimal, I don't think Zaxcom will be developing remote
    desktop-type access anytime soon (although I will mention it to them).

    It would really need to be something that just emulates a keyboard, for now.
    edgy, Oct 27, 2006
  6. On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 17:55:58 +0200, "Gert Wiersema" <>
    wrote:

    >> One of the many remote control programs could do that. This includes
    >> Remote desktop, which is part of XP.

    >Unfortunately, the Zaxcom Deva V is not a Windows based machine.
    >
    >http://www.zaxcom.com

    oh but arny know that, he knows all...

    Marc Amsterdam, Oct 27, 2006
  7. edgy

    Bob Urz Guest

    edgy wrote:
    > "Arny Krueger" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>One of the many remote control programs could do that. This includes
    >>Remote desktop, which is part of XP.
    >>
    >>Basically you run host software on the remote computer (the computer you
    >>want to direct your keystrokes to) and client software on the pc you want
    >>to direct keystrokes from. You type into a window that shows the desktop
    >>of the remote computer.
    >>

    > While this would be optimal, I don't think Zaxcom will be developing remote
    > desktop-type access anytime soon (although I will mention it to them).
    >
    > It would really need to be something that just emulates a keyboard, for now.

    Plug in a USB keyboard.

    Bob

    Bob Urz, Oct 29, 2006