    Please could someone help me out as this is driving me insane!!

    Thanx,

    Samantha Brooks

    slsbrooks, Sep 18, 2006

  2. slsbrooks

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 18 Sep 2006 12:03:29 -0700, "slsbrooks" <>
    wrote:

    >I am currently trying to delete and repartition my laptop as I have had
    >probs with it. I managed to delete the partitiom re-install that
    >partition and get windows to start setting itself up until it had 2
    >mins to go and it turned off on me!!!
    >
    >Since hen I keep trying to get windows up and running but get as far as
    >starting to format the partition and it turns off on me again.
    >
    >Please could someone help me out as this is driving me insane!!

    What type of laptop?

    Does it turn off at exactly the same point?

    Are you running on batteries or AC?

    If you're running on AC, if you unplug the AC, does the laptop power
    off (indicating the battery isn't charged and if you lose power, the
    laptop turns off)?

    Evan Platt, Sep 18, 2006

  3. slsbrooks

    Jerry Attic Guest

    "slsbrooks" <> said in news:1158606209.795917.227630
    @d34g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

    > I am currently trying to delete and repartition my laptop as I have had
    > probs with it. I managed to delete the partitiom re-install that
    > partition and get windows to start setting itself up until it had 2
    > mins to go and it turned off on me!!!
    >
    > Since hen I keep trying to get windows up and running but get as far as
    > starting to format the partition and it turns off on me again.
    >
    > Please could someone help me out as this is driving me insane!!
    >
    > Thanx,
    >
    > Samantha Brooks

    If you have it plugged into the wall socket and not running off the
    battery, I bet the thing is overheating. Computers are designed to shut
    down when they are about to go into melt down to prevent damage to the PC.
    You probably have a lot of dirt in it. Get some canned air and blow the
    dust bunnnies, especially if you can take it apart. Bad RAM may cause the
    same thing.

    Jerry

    Jerry Attic, Sep 19, 2006
  4. slsbrooks

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On 19 Sep 2006 07:06:26 +0200, Jerry Attic <0m> wrote:

    >"slsbrooks" <> said in news:1158606209.795917.227630
    >@d34g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >> I am currently trying to delete and repartition my laptop as I have had
    >> probs with it. I managed to delete the partitiom re-install that
    >> partition and get windows to start setting itself up until it had 2
    >> mins to go and it turned off on me!!!
    >>
    >> Since hen I keep trying to get windows up and running but get as far as
    >> starting to format the partition and it turns off on me again.
    >>
    >> Please could someone help me out as this is driving me insane!!
    >>
    >> Thanx,
    >>
    >> Samantha Brooks
    >>

    >If you have it plugged into the wall socket and not running off the
    >battery, I bet the thing is overheating. Computers are designed to shut
    >down when they are about to go into melt down to prevent damage to the PC.
    >You probably have a lot of dirt in it. Get some canned air and blow the
    >dust bunnnies, especially if you can take it apart. Bad RAM may cause the
    >same thing.

    A friend had the same problem on a desktop PC. Turned out to be the CPU overheating
    because of an incorrectly installed heatsink. Check to see if the fan is working.

    >Jerry

    Barry
    =====
    Home page