    network instead of our network. I've moved our network to the top of the list
    of selections and the library's way down, but it keeps happening. Any
    suggestions?

    Daisy, May 20, 2008

  2. Daisy

    Pavel A. Guest

    "Daisy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My boss' laptop keeps grabbing the public library's unsecured wireless
    > network instead of our network. I've moved our network to the top of the
    > list
    > of selections and the library's way down, but it keeps happening. Any
    > suggestions?

    Delete the library network from the list of selections.

    --PA

    Pavel A., May 20, 2008

  3. Daisy

    Lem Guest

    Pavel A. wrote:
    > "Daisy" <> wrote in message
    >> My boss' laptop keeps grabbing the public library's unsecured wireless
    >> network instead of our network. I've moved our network to the top of
    >> the list
    >> of selections and the library's way down, but it keeps happening. Any
    >> suggestions?

    > Delete the library network from the list of selections.
    >
    > --PA

    And tell your boss to *NOT* connect to it (or any other network) if he
    happens to see it by opening "View Available Wireless Networks."

    Whenever you connect to a wireless network from the View Available
    screen, the SSID of that network gets placed at the top of the list of
    preferred networks.

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP

    Lem, May 21, 2008
  4. Daisy

    Daisy Guest

    Didn't realize I could delete the library's network! Thanks for the help!

    Daisy, May 21, 2008
  5. Daisy

    Drew Tick Guest

    Ensure connection to your wireless network only

    You should try a product called AirStop. It forces connection only to adminstrator defined wireless networks, and prevents connection to unauthorized networks. Just Google "AirStop Wireless Software" and you should be able to download a copy. Good Luck - Drew

    Drew Tick, Dec 30, 2008