    difference. A virus scan has not shown any infection, but his definitions
    may not be up to date.

    Any ideas or solutions please?

    Josh, Jan 22, 2005

  2. Josh

    Pepperoni Guest

    If he downloads a lot of binaries using OE, he could have all that porn or
    mpegs stored in casche.

    The location may vary, but somewhere in tools/options (in Outlook Express)
    he will find a cleanup tab. (under maintenance tab on my machine) Running
    cleanup will remove all those casched message bodies. There are several
    options. Then run compression on the same page to free up the reclaimed
    space. The file sizes will be shown--- saves lots of space.

    This is a good time to dump the wastebasket and temporary internet files
    (tools/internet options).

    After these throw out the junk you never use. You can dump all those
    bloated IM proggies and use Trillian instead to save space and run them all
    from one interface.

    Does he save the .exe files after he loads them? Throw them out ( except
    paid programs; upload THEM to safe storage)

    Under system tools, run disk cleanup and then defragmenter.

    You should then have lots of new space. It will fill up again if you don't
    cleanup from time to time.

    Pepperoni

    "Josh" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > The hard drive on my pal's laptop - capacity 27 gb - is down to about 1 gb
    > free space and he is getting warnings that his drive is nearing full.

    I've

    Pepperoni, Jan 22, 2005