    hard drive and cd drive are flashing on the panel. Anyone in the group know
    where I'm coming from. If so could you try to help me.
    Thank you for even reading this post.
    Barney, Dec 28, 2005

  2. Barney wrote:
    > I have a Eisystem laptop 4430. A system recovery disc and a hard drive that
    > has been messed up by my son.
    > I'm was running XP Home. Anyway to cut to the chase, my son gave me back my
    > laptop after a week in his possesion and the thing wouldn't start. All I got
    > was NTLDR is Missing. So I inserted my recovery disc and restarted the
    > laptop. I opted for the non destructive recovery. It was running for hours

    Translation: I got tired of waiting and interrupted the process.

    > and then I tried again without the disc, still got NTLDR is Missing. I then
    > tried the second option System Recovery - No Format. Still no joy. So I
    > tried the third and final option. System Recovery - Quick Format. Still
    > nothing. All I am getting is the disc drive running but no lights for the
    > hard drive and cd drive are flashing on the panel. Anyone in the group know
    > where I'm coming from. If so could you try to help me.

    Could be that the hard drive is tits up.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Dec 28, 2005

  3. Barney

    Ben Myers Guest

    See if there is a floppy in the laptop. If so, remove it. Also, go into the BIOS
    setup and make sure the hard drive parameters are correct. Be sure to save
    any changes when exiting.

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Dec 28, 2005
  4. Barney

    John Holmes Guest

    Barney blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Anyone in the group know
    > where I'm coming from.

    Belfast?

    --
    Your mother was an over-active has-been who gave birth to you under the
    sink.
    John Holmes, Dec 28, 2005
  5. Barney

    John Holmes Guest

    Ben Myers wrote:
    > "Barney" <> wrote in message
    >> I have a Eisystem laptop 4430. A system recovery disc and a hard
    >> drive that has been messed up by my son.
    >> I'm was running XP Home. Anyway to cut to the chase, my son gave me
    >> back my laptop after a week in his possesion and the thing wouldn't
    >> start. All I got was NTLDR is Missing. So I inserted my recovery
    >> disc and restarted the laptop. I opted for the non destructive
    >> recovery. It was running for hours and then I tried again without
    >> the disc, still got NTLDR is Missing. I then tried the second option
    >> System Recovery - No Format. Still no joy. So I tried the third and
    >> final option. System Recovery - Quick Format. Still nothing. All I
    >> am getting is the disc drive running but no lights for the hard
    >> drive and cd drive are flashing on the panel. Anyone in the group
    >> know where I'm coming from. If so could you try to help me.
    >> Thank you for even reading this post.

    <top-poasting corrected>

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! You fucking useless ****.

    --
    Your mother was an etiolated ninny who shocked people world-wide in a
    vivisection laboratory.
    John Holmes, Dec 28, 2005
  6. Barney

    Barney Guest

    "Ben Myers" <> wrote in message
    See if there is a floppy in the laptop. If so, remove it. Also, go into
    the BIOS
    setup and make sure the hard drive parameters are correct. Be sure to save
    any changes when exiting.

    Ben

    Thank you all who answered with the exception of the last poster. I
    eventually got it sorted. I made a copy of the Recovery Disc and run it. The
    original for some reason was corrupt.
    Thanks again all for the inputs.
    Barney, Dec 28, 2005
  7. Barney

    Barney Guest

    "John Holmes" tried to get an a laugh with a mouth he eats with when he
    said...

    >> Anyone in the group know
    >> where I'm coming from.

    > Belfast?

    **Anyone in the group know
    where I'm coming from** explained
    This does not mean,*does anyone know where I live?*, it means, *does anyone
    understand what I am on about?*

    > Your mother was an over-active has-been who gave birth to you under the
    > sink.

    I am 58 and my Mother died when I was 14 months old and my Father dies 7
    months after her. So please keep your garbage talk for your family.
    Barney, Dec 29, 2005
  8. Barney

    John Holmes Guest

    Barney blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > "John Holmes" tried to get an a laugh with a mouth he eats with when
    > he said...
    >>
    >>> Anyone in the group know
    >>> where I'm coming from.

    >> Belfast?

    > **Anyone in the group know
    > where I'm coming from** explained
    > This does not mean,*does anyone know where I live?*, it means, *does
    > anyone understand what I am on about?*

    Why didn't you say so?

    >> Your mother was an over-active has-been who gave birth to you under
    >> the sink.
    >>

    > I am 58 and my Mother died when I was 14 months old and my Father dies
    > 7 months after her. So please keep your garbage talk for your family.

    Get fucked. My father is 89 years old, and I have to feed and wash him
    every single day. Can you imagine what mess that makes?

    --
    Your mother was a self-exalting moose who talked incessantly about
    vegetables in a home for the permanently baffled.
    John Holmes, Jan 1, 2006
  9. Barney

    Little k Guest

    Little k, Jan 2, 2006