    HDD2D35
    TIA
    ron
    Ronald Murray, Mar 4, 2007

  2. Ronald Murray

    Pen Guest

    Ronald Murray wrote:
    > Hello
    > I bought a hard drive for my laptop. Toshiba 60Gb
    > It has a different connector on the end. The drive I took out of my HP
    > DV1000 has a connector that just pops off to expose the pins. But this newer
    > one does not appear that it's going to pop off there very easily. I don't
    > want to pry too much & end up ruining the hard drive.
    > Is there more than one type of laptop hard drive?
    > Did I buy the wrong type?
    > It does have an apple on the case. Can this be only used on an Apple
    > computer?
    > But I'm quite sure that I've seen this apple symbol on drives that I used in
    > the past.
    > Toshiba MK6034GSX
    > HDD2D35
    > TIA
    > ron

    There are 2 types of drives. PATA and SATA. The drive you bought is SATA.
    http://www.pcalchemy.com/product_in...x-60gb-5400-rpm-8mb-sata-25/cName/hard-drives
    Pen, Mar 4, 2007

  3. Ronald Murray

    Robert Baer Guest

    Ronald Murray wrote:
    > Hello
    > I bought a hard drive for my laptop. Toshiba 60Gb
    > It has a different connector on the end. The drive I took out of my HP
    > DV1000 has a connector that just pops off to expose the pins. But this newer
    > one does not appear that it's going to pop off there very easily. I don't
    > want to pry too much & end up ruining the hard drive.
    > Is there more than one type of laptop hard drive?
    > Did I buy the wrong type?
    > It does have an apple on the case. Can this be only used on an Apple
    > computer?
    > But I'm quite sure that I've seen this apple symbol on drives that I used in
    > the past.
    > Toshiba MK6034GSX
    > HDD2D35
    > TIA
    > ron

    There have been and will continue to be different electrical and
    mechanical configurations for laptop hard drives.
    A hard drive made by Quantum for an Apple desktop is rather different
    than the same-sized (in gigabytes as well as physically) hard drive made
    by Quantum for a PC desktop (i speak from experience).
    While there are "standards" for (generic) laptop drives like there
    are standards for PC hard drives, that does not mean that a given maker
    (eg: apple, IBM, etc) adheres to any part of those "standards".
    Robert Baer, Mar 4, 2007