    Earlier laptops had them positioned at the rear (of my Toshibas) and
    more recently at the side of my IBM.
    WTF?
    Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce, Aug 9, 2008

  2. Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce

    EMB Guest

    Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
    > A design fault methinks, 'cause if used on your lap, it puts a fair
    > degree of stress onto the socket & I fear therefore onto the
    > motherboard itself.
    > Earlier laptops had them positioned at the rear (of my Toshibas) and
    > more recently at the side of my IBM.
    > WTF?

    It proves that Acer (who put the sockets at the front) are a pack of
    impractical wankers who don't believe anyone ever actually uses a laptop
    on their lap (all 3 members of this household do).

    I've just looked at the 11 different laptop models that are here at the
    moment[1]; 5 IBM/Lenovo & 4 HP laptops have side mounted sockets, but
    the 2 Acers have them front mounted.

    [1] I'm not as fucked up as that statement makes me sound - most of them
    belong to clients and are here for initial build/rebuild/repair.
    EMB, Aug 9, 2008

  3. Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "EMB" typed:
    > Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
    >> A design fault methinks, 'cause if used on your lap, it puts a fair
    >> degree of stress onto the socket & I fear therefore onto the
    >> motherboard itself.
    >> Earlier laptops had them positioned at the rear (of my Toshibas) and
    >> more recently at the side of my IBM.
    >> WTF?

    > It proves that Acer (who put the sockets at the front) are a pack of
    > impractical wankers who don't believe anyone ever actually uses a
    > laptop on their lap (all 3 members of this household do).
    >
    > I've just looked at the 11 different laptop models that are here at
    > the moment[1]; 5 IBM/Lenovo & 4 HP laptops have side mounted sockets,
    > but the 2 Acers have them front mounted.
    >

    > [1] I'm not as fucked up as that statement makes me sound - most of
    > them belong to clients and are here for initial build/rebuild/repair.

    What are you trying to say???????

    I only have 6 PCs hooked up to monitors and mouse/keyboards in this room!
    (Using KVMs, there's not that many monitors here, honest.)

    And they're all mine.

    :)
    --
    Shaun.