    it has a D drive as well,same happends with this.
    Any idea.s how i can clean the hard drive and put back win 98,unfortanetley
    it does not have a recovery disk.

    pel, Jun 24, 2004

  2. pel

    Unk Guest

    On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 04:32:04 +0100, "pel" <> wrote:

    >i want to format a laptop windows 98se,but using this command in ms-dos
    >FORMAT C: it will format up to 44% then stops and says disk not ready.
    >it has a D drive as well,same happends with this.
    >Any idea.s how i can clean the hard drive and put back win 98,unfortanetley
    >it does not have a recovery disk.

    Are you formatting it from a boot floppy?

    How to Use the Fdisk Tool and the Format Tool to Partition or Repartition a
    Hard Disk: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=255867
    Unk, Jun 24, 2004

  3. pel

    TH Guest

    Experienced similar prob when I removed a drive, then put back and tried to
    format - The answer lay in the bios and the sizes of drives detected -

    No disk - if you have CD Rom, change boot sequence in Bios to boot from CD
    drive - ensure disk in drive - Follow instructions

    I always use the command format c: /s - this copies system files to HD.

    TH, Jun 24, 2004