    This unit was advertised as Grade "A", so either they lied or I'm an
    idiot. I'd like to know which, please help.

    tia
    1st-timer, Apr 16, 2004

  2. 1st-timer

    Yddap Guest

    "1st-timer" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi folks. Excuse me, I'm totally new to laptops. Got one used
    > through ebay, arrived today and i cant get the drive caddy open lol.
    >
    > I suspect that the release button was broken off, because next to

    the
    > drive bay is a little hole where one would fit. Every other

    component
    > has a convenient release button, but this one, just a hole. I

    looked
    > around inside there but I can't figure any place to apply pressure
    > that would open the drive bay.
    >
    > This unit was advertised as Grade "A", so either they lied or I'm an
    > idiot. I'd like to know which, please help.
    >
    > tia

    Talking about the Hard Drive, I presume.

    If it is like a Latitude 600 or CPx there is a screw missing
    go to the dell website
    http://support.euro.dell.com/uk/en/home.asp

    and search for the service manual
    --

    Yddap
    BY User
    Yddap, Apr 16, 2004

  3. 1st-timer wrote:

    > Hi folks. Excuse me, I'm totally new to laptops. Got one used
    > through ebay, arrived today and i cant get the drive caddy open lol.
    >
    > I suspect that the release button was broken off, because next to the
    > drive bay is a little hole where one would fit. Every other component
    > has a convenient release button, but this one, just a hole. I looked
    > around inside there but I can't figure any place to apply pressure
    > that would open the drive bay.
    >
    > This unit was advertised as Grade "A", so either they lied or I'm an
    > idiot. I'd like to know which, please help.
    >
    > tia

    In a couple of minutes browsing the Dell Web site, I found the manual
    for your laptop. Tried that?
    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Apr 16, 2004
  4. 1st-timer

    Yddap Guest

    "Yddap" <> wrote in message

    > "1st-timer" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi folks. Excuse me, I'm totally new to laptops. Got one used
    > > through ebay, arrived today and i cant get the drive caddy open

    lol.

    > > I suspect that the release button was broken off, because next to

    > the
    > > drive bay is a little hole where one would fit. Every other

    > component
    > > has a convenient release button, but this one, just a hole. I

    > looked
    > > around inside there but I can't figure any place to apply pressure
    > > that would open the drive bay.
    > >
    > > This unit was advertised as Grade "A", so either they lied or I'm

    an
    > > idiot. I'd like to know which, please help.
    > >
    > > tia

    > Talking about the Hard Drive, I presume.
    >
    > If it is like a Latitude 600 or CPx there is a screw missing
    > go to the dell website
    > http://support.euro.dell.com/uk/en/home.asp
    >
    > and search for the service manual
    > --

    This is the User manual
    http://docs.euro.dell.com/docs/Systems/latls/en/ug/index.htm

    Yddap
    Yddap, Apr 16, 2004
  5. 1st-timer

    1st-timer Guest

    Palindr?me <> wrote in message news:<c5pfrl$45o95$-berlin.de>...
    > 1st-timer wrote:
    >
    > > Hi folks. Excuse me, I'm totally new to laptops. Got one used
    > > through ebay, arrived today and i cant get the drive caddy open lol.
    > >
    > > I suspect that the release button was broken off, because next to the
    > > drive bay is a little hole where one would fit. Every other component
    > > has a convenient release button, but this one, just a hole. I looked
    > > around inside there but I can't figure any place to apply pressure
    > > that would open the drive bay.
    > >
    > > This unit was advertised as Grade "A", so either they lied or I'm an
    > > idiot. I'd like to know which, please help.
    > >
    > > tia

    > In a couple of minutes browsing the Dell Web site, I found the manual
    > for your laptop. Tried that?

    yeah, that eventually occurred to me.. sorry about this post.
    1st-timer, Apr 17, 2004