    not boot at all! Tapping F8 does nothing, I cant even get safe mode.
    Taken the battery out and tried with the mains lead only but still dead.
    Any ideas??
    Sargeant Rutter, Sep 15, 2007

  2. Sargeant Rutter

    SJP Guest

    "Sargeant Rutter" <> wrote in message
    news:fcgnfl$rai$...
    >I have a Packard Bell easynote R1910 Laptop.
    > Theres, nothing on the screen at all. Power light on and fan whirrs but
    > will not boot at all! Tapping F8 does nothing, I cant even get safe mode.
    > Taken the battery out and tried with the mains lead only but still dead.
    > Any ideas??

    Try connecting it to an external monitor?

    Maybe the backlight has gone on the lcd
    SJP, Sep 15, 2007

  3. Sargeant Rutter

    Mitch Guest

    In article <fcgnfl$rai$>, Sargeant Rutter <> wrote:

    > I have a Packard Bell easynote R1910 Laptop.
    > Theres, nothing on the screen at all. Power light on and fan whirrs but will
    > not boot at all! Tapping F8 does nothing, I cant even get safe mode.
    > Taken the battery out and tried with the mains lead only but still dead.
    > Any ideas??

    Do you know how to reset the power manager?
    That would be the next thing to try.
    Mitch, Sep 15, 2007

  4. >>

    > Do you know how to reset the power manager?
    > That would be the next thing to try.

    No I dont, but I'll have a try at anything!
    Sargeant Rutter, Sep 16, 2007
  5. Sargeant Rutter

    Mitch Guest

    In article <fcjg8h$gdo$>, Sargeant Rutter <> wrote:

    > > Do you know how to reset the power manager?
    > > That would be the next thing to try.

    > No I dont, but I'll have a try at anything!

    This is where you look that information up for your make/model of
    laptop.
    You are looking for "power manager," maybe "power controller."
    Mitch, Sep 16, 2007