    $10 to >$70. Never actually seen one in operation though.
    Does anyone use one, and care to comment re their effectiveness?

    Thanks in advance ............. L.

    Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce, Aug 22, 2009

  2. Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce

    Hank Scorpio Guest

    I recommend them. I'm not a power user, but they do seem to reduce the
    temperature of the laptop, and the displayed temperature of - I'm not sure
    what; the CPU? - when I use a temperature measurement utility. They are
    cheap. Their disadvantage is that they can be a bit noisy. But when that's a
    problem you can just pull the USB out, no fuss.
    --
    Policy as if outcomes mattered
    http://SocialGoals.com

    Hank Scorpio, Aug 22, 2009

  3. On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 23:51:41 +0100, "Hank Scorpio"
    <> wrote:

    >I recommend them. I'm not a power user, but they do seem to reduce the
    >temperature of the laptop, and the displayed temperature of - I'm not sure
    >what; the CPU? - when I use a temperature measurement utility. They are
    >cheap. Their disadvantage is that they can be a bit noisy. But when that's a
    >problem you can just pull the USB out, no fuss.

    Did yours claim to be quiet? I see some on trademe do.
    Thanks for replying

    Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce, Aug 23, 2009
  4. Neither of the coolers I bought claim to be quiet. But you wouldn't notice
    the noise most of the time. They were very cheap; I paid about NZ$5 for the
    one I use now, but I bought that in Thailand. Perhaps the pricier ones are
    quieter.

    Tarquin the terrapin, Aug 23, 2009