    can find all the routers including my own.
    I am told that it could be a problem with my Centrino chip. I am able to
    connect on a LAN. Any other suggestions. Help.

    Padone, Dec 24, 2005

  2. Padone

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "Padone" <pderidder@no.$pam.adelphia.net> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My Laptop with centrino chip unable to find my home router or 4 other
    > routers known to be in my neighborhood. Another laptop in the same room
    > can find all the routers including my own.
    > I am told that it could be a problem with my Centrino chip. I am able to
    > connect on a LAN. Any other suggestions. Help.

    First, there is no such thing as a Centrino "chip". To be certified as a
    Centrino laptop, a computer must have an Intel motherboard, an Intel
    processor, an Intel chipset and an Intel Proset wireless card. Centrino is
    a marketing ploy to get OEMS to buy more Intel products.
    Second, what happens when you turn your computer on...does it even detect
    the networks?

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Dec 24, 2005

  3. I have the exact same problem as Padone.

    What happens NoNoBadDog, when I turn the laptop on, is that Windows pops up
    with a message saying that there is not a connection. I then search for
    Wireless connections around me and even though I know that there is several,
    the laptop does not find any.
    Know what I can do to get it working?

    =?Utf-8?B?TmltbWVO?=, Dec 24, 2005
  4. Padone

    Lem Guest

    NimmeN wrote:
    > I have the exact same problem as Padone.
    >
    > What happens NoNoBadDog, when I turn the laptop on, is that Windows pops up
    > with a message saying that there is not a connection. I then search for
    > Wireless connections around me and even though I know that there is several,
    > the laptop does not find any.
    > Know what I can do to get it working?
    >
    > "NoNoBadDog!" wrote:
    >

    >>"Padone" <pderidder@no.$pam.adelphia.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>My Laptop with centrino chip unable to find my home router or 4 other
    >>>routers known to be in my neighborhood. Another laptop in the same room
    >>>can find all the routers including my own.
    >>>I am told that it could be a problem with my Centrino chip. I am able to
    >>>connect on a LAN. Any other suggestions. Help.
    >>>

    >>First, there is no such thing as a Centrino "chip". To be certified as a
    >>Centrino laptop, a computer must have an Intel motherboard, an Intel
    >>processor, an Intel chipset and an Intel Proset wireless card. Centrino is
    >>a marketing ploy to get OEMS to buy more Intel products.
    >>Second, what happens when you turn your computer on...does it even detect
    >>the networks?
    >>
    >>Bobby

    Make sure your wireless radio is on. Some brands of laptops have an
    inconspicuous on/off switch for the radio (NOT the same as the laptop
    on/off switch). Other brands may control the radio on/off via the
    properties of the wireless NIC.

    Lem, Dec 24, 2005
  5. Thanks for the answer within a few hours.

    As you were saying, then my computer has a turn on/off switch, and yes I am
    aware of that, and yes I know that is not the problem because it is marked as
    being 'on'. I do not know what the INC stands for, or what its purpose is.
    Can you give me an explanation on this?

    Thanks again, merry christmas.

    =?Utf-8?B?TmltbWVO?=, Dec 24, 2005
  6. Padone

    Padone Guest

    Bobby, it does not recoqnize any of the networks. I have a blank window
    and cannot find known networks as seen on another laptop in same room.
    This laptop finds myexisting home and network and the other neighborhood
    networks.

    My broken computers sees none, therefore wondered what could be the
    problem with my computer.

    Padone, Dec 24, 2005
  7. Padone

    User42 Guest

    Start-Control Panel-Internet Options - click on Connections Tab - put check
    mark on NEVER dial a connection - click OK

    User42, Dec 26, 2005
  8. Padone

    Christian Guest

    Is the radio turned on?