    Any thoughts?

    Thanks in advance.

    Lei
    Lei Wu, Feb 15, 2005

  2. Lei Wu

    DJ Borell Guest

    Check that the settings from your previous wireless network are cleared out
    and not conflicting with your current setup. Specifically, check that the
    IP address is set properly (whether DHCP or the correct static address) and
    that the proper WEP key (if used) is in place.

    DJ Borell, Feb 15, 2005

  3. Lei Wu

    WLW Guest

    One other thing to check is the Default Gateway setting. On both laptops
    bring up a Command Prompt window (DOS Box) and enter the command IPCONFIG.
    Compare the two systems' settings to see what is different. If they are on
    the same wireless network they should have different IP Addresses but the
    Subnet Mask and Default Gateway should be the same.

    Also, you might want to check the Windows security settings and settings on
    things like Norton Internet Security or similar programs if you have
    anything like that. Many of these type of security programs can
    automatically block your computer from accessing the Internet. This is done
    to stop viruses and worms, or even Ad software, from opening a rogue
    connection out to the internet and sending information you don't want
    transmitted. It could be that one laptop has one of these blocking your web
    browser from connecting.

    To help we probably need more details. Compare the IPCONFIGs and then let us
    know if you have Norton or something similar.

    --
    William L. Whipple
    EZine.Com

    WLW, Feb 15, 2005