    internet and the PC can see my laptop in the network; however, my laptop
    cannot see the PC.

    HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!

    =?Utf-8?B?Sy1sYQ==?=, Feb 7, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Sy1sYQ==?=

    BruceM Guest

    Some of the basics.........
    Make sure both are in the same "workgroup".
    Make sure both are SHARED. If you feel secure you can simply rt click your
    C:// drive & go to SHARING.
    Each should be visable in "My Network Places".
    You might need to reboot both for good measure.
    Well I did say basics..........

    BruceM, Feb 7, 2007

  3. Hi
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    to be shared.
    Basic XP -
    Advanced XP -
    Vista - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/network/evaluate/vista_fp.mspx
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 7, 2007
  4. my techie brother came over and did all that and it still didn't work. i
    even turned off my firewall!!!

    =?Utf-8?B?Sy1sYQ==?=, Feb 7, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Sy1sYQ==?=

    David Hettel Guest

    Vista is different than previous Windows, if you go to Start (menu) |
    Control Panel | Network and Internet | Network and Sharing Center | Can you
    list what you see there? In the first section do you see Public network?
    Under "Sharing and Discovery" what are your settings (what is on and what is
    off)?

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.