Laptop calibration controls... Help!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Rob B, Jul 31, 2006.

  1. Rob B

    Rob B Guest

    Hi Guys,

    I'm hoping to get a laptop to use for digital image display &
    manipulation using PhotoShop.

    I'd like to be able to calibrate the display of the laptop with my
    Spider2 software and don't know how to do this correctly for a laptop.

    When I calibrate the white point of the LCD monitor on my main desktop
    PC, I find that there is ONE control for each component of R and G and B,
    located in the monitors menu. I adjust these controls as directed by the
    Spider2 software... no problem here.

    However, I've had a quick play with some demo laptops that are on
    display in various stores and I find that, in the appropriate menu window in
    the laptop, there are not ONE, but THREE controls for EACH component of R
    and G and B, they are; Brightness Contrast and Gamma.

    How should I adjust these controls to effect the same changes to the
    laptop's display, that I'm making to the desktop PC's LCD monitor?

    Your help, as usual, would be most appreciated.

    Regards... Rob.

    Rob B, Jul 31, 2006