    f1 no luck at all it is built by tiny dont know if that makes a difference
    thanks.
    Paul

    paul, Jul 28, 2003

  2. paul

    Unk Guest

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 22:28:53 +0100, "paul" <> wrote:
    >Hi can any one tell me how to get into bios of a laptop I tried delete and
    >f1 no luck at all it is built by tiny dont know if that makes a difference
    >thanks.
    >Paul

    Access your computer BIOS:
    Wondering what key to press? Find out now. All major PCs listed.
    www.bioskey.com

    Del during boot AMI, Award
    Esc during boot Toshiba
    F1 during boot Toshiba; Phoenix; Late model PS/1 Value Point and 330s
    F2 during boot NEC, HP OmniBooks, Dell including Latitude, Optiplex, and
    Dimension.
    F1, F2, CTRL+ALT+ESC Acer®
    F10 when square in top RH corner of screen Compaq
    (Also some Dell servers. The screens even *look* like the ones on Compaq)
    Ins during boot IBM PS/2s w/ Reference Partition
    Reset twice Some Dells
    Alt Enter *old* Dell's (486's)
    Alt ? Some PS/2s
    Ctrl-Esc General
    Ctrl Ins Some PS/2s when pointer at top right of screen
    Ctrl Alt Esc AST Advantage, Award, Tandon
    Ctrl Alt + General
    Ctrl Alt S Phoenix
    Ctrl Alt Ins Zenith, Phoenix
    Ctrl S Phoenix
    Ctrl Shift Esc Tandon 386
    Shift Ctrl Alt + Num Pad Del Olivetti PC Pro
    Setup disk Old Compaqs, Epson (Gemini), IBM, IBM PS/2, Toshiba,
    most old 286s

    A trick to get into the BIOS setup screens of unfamiliar systems is
    to try F2, F10, F12, ESC, and DELETE. If none of them work, turn the
    machine off, turn it on, then run your fingers over the keyboard
    continuously as POST runs. This doesn't always work, but often it
    makes the POST logic think that there's a keyboard error, and it will
    invite you to go into the setup screens.

    Unk

    Unk, Jul 28, 2003

  3. paul

    Paul - xxx Guest

    paul tried to scribble ...

    > Hi can any one tell me how to get into bios of a laptop I tried
    > delete and f1 no luck at all it is built by tiny dont know if that
    > makes a difference thanks.
    > Paul

    And the laptop would be ??

    Some need F8 or F2 pressing, some del key, some have different combinations

    .............................Paul - xxx
    http://www.tvlicensing.biz/
    Seti 1823 wu in 13896 hours
    http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

    Paul - xxx, Jul 29, 2003
  4. paul

    paul Guest

    Thanks unk f2 worked a treat cheers.
    Paul

    paul, Jul 29, 2003
  5. paul

    Unk Guest

    You're welcome.

    Unk, Jul 29, 2003
  6. paul

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Unk mused:

    | F1 during boot Toshiba; Phoenix; Late model PS/1 Value Point and 330s
    | F2 during boot NEC, HP OmniBooks, Dell including Latitude, Optiplex,
    | and Dimension.

    Interestingly enough, I have a laptop with Phoenix BIOS, and it requires
    F2 ... not F1.

    mhicaoidh, Jul 29, 2003
  7. paul

    maki.34

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Can anyone tell me how to change BIOS password on lap top Toshiba. I know password but it must be changed. Please for all steps, including how to rich Bios, I am not to close with that kind of work.
    Takeing out battery doesnt help.

    maki.34, Nov 22, 2010