    so I expected it to last a bit longer than that.
    Is this time frame normal? Is it time to buy another battery?
    jd

    Jerry, Mar 31, 2005

  2. Jerry wrote:
    > How long should a battery in a HP Pavillion last between charges? Mine
    > seems to go dead in less than an hour. The battery is about 14 months old
    > so I expected it to last a bit longer than that.
    > Is this time frame normal? Is it time to buy another battery?
    > jd

    I've had two HP Pavilion laptops that the batteries would last about two
    hours, maybe more when they're fairly new. As time goes by, they hold
    less charge. Eventually, yours will get to where it won't hold a
    minute's worth of charge. So, if an hour's worth of charge isn't enough
    then get another battery. If it is, you can hang on a bit longer.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 31, 2005

  3. Jerry wrote:

    > How long should a battery in a HP Pavillion last between charges? Mine

    What kind of battery is it?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 31, 2005
  4. Jerry

    MrGrumpy Guest

    My Sony Vaio lasts about 30 min, before I get a low battery warning. Sony
    swapped out the battery - still the same (was a new sys) Fortunately I
    rarely have to use other than on mains pwr.

    MrGrumpy, Mar 31, 2005
  5. Jerry

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Buy a new one. HP only has a 12 month warranty on its batteries.

    pcbutts1, Mar 31, 2005
  6. Jerry

    Mack Guest

    My Centrino laptop battery
    lasts for about 4 hours. However,
    when I had my HP Pentium 4 I
    could get about an hour out of it.
    Of course, the Centrino does not
    run a 3.0 Ghz as does the P4
    so if you want speed a compromise
    has to be made. Personally I found
    an on-line store in California which
    would furnish a replacement without
    question when I had the P4.

    Mack, Mar 31, 2005
  7. Jerry

    Plato Guest

    Jerry wrote:

    > How long should a battery in a HP Pavillion last between charges? Mine
    > seems to go dead in less than an hour. The battery is about 14 months old
    > so I expected it to last a bit longer than that.

    Time for a new battery.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Mar 31, 2005
  8. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    In article <>,
    lid says...

    >Jerry wrote:
    >
    >> How long should a battery in a HP Pavillion last between charges? Mine

    >What kind of battery is it?
    >
    >> seems to go dead in less than an hour. The battery is about 14 months

    old
    >> so I expected it to last a bit longer than that.
    >> Is this time frame normal? Is it time to buy another battery?

    >--
    >Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    >Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
    >Now killing all posts originating at Google Groups

    It's the original Hewlett Packard laptop battery.
    jj

    Jerry, Apr 1, 2005
  9. Jerry wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > lid says...

    >>Jerry wrote:

    >>> How long should a battery in a HP Pavillion last between charges? Mine

    >>What kind of battery is it?

    >>> seems to go dead in less than an hour. The battery is about 14 months

    > old
    >>> so I expected it to last a bit longer than that.
    >>> Is this time frame normal? Is it time to buy another battery?

    > It's the original Hewlett Packard laptop battery.

    What kind of battery is *your* original Hewlett Packard laptop battery?

    See, there are, chemically different kinds. Chemically different kinds
    have different charging characteristics.

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 1, 2005
  10. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    In article <>,
    lid says...

    >Jerry wrote:
    >> In article <>,
    >> lid says...

    Mine

    >>>What kind of battery is it?

    months
    >> old

    >> It's the original Hewlett Packard laptop battery.

    >What kind of battery is *your* original Hewlett Packard laptop battery?
    >
    >See, there are, chemically different kinds. Chemically different kinds
    >have different charging characteristics.
    >
    >--
    >Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    >Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
    >Now killing all posts originating at Google Groups

    It is a lithium-ion Hewlett Packard battery with a Sanyo part #
    jj

    Jerry, Apr 1, 2005
  11. Jerry wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > lid says...

    >>Jerry wrote:
    >>> In article <>,
    >>> lid says...

    > Mine

    > months
    >>> old

    >>> It's the original Hewlett Packard laptop battery.

    >>What kind of battery is *your* original Hewlett Packard laptop
    >>battery?

    >>See, there are, chemically different kinds. Chemically different
    >>kinds have different charging characteristics.

    > It is a lithium-ion Hewlett Packard battery with a Sanyo part #

    If it were one of the older batteries before L-ions came along, you
    could be facing a charge memory problem. But unless something's going
    on with the laptop that's draining the heck out of it, it sounds like
    it's just plain shot. I've seen reviews of some laptops where they're
    only managing a couple-three hours between charges; but those are right-
    outta-the-box new, and I suspect by the fact that you're posting about
    this that you used to get more. (Also, those are probably tricked-out
    "power" laptops or super-thins that don't have room for much of a
    battery; I don't think yours falls into either category.) I'm surprised
    that you're seeing this in just over a year, but I've never been hard on
    batts so I don't really know if that's normal for one that's, say, fully
    discharged and recharged every day. These batteries certainly have a
    finite number of charge cycles before death, but I don't know what that
    number would be. Sounds like you're due for a new one, though.

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 1, 2005