    thanks in advance
    charles
    the netherlands

    charles, Jan 25, 2004

  2. charles

    Pepperoni Guest

    See if your graphics supports dual display. Some do. Another option might
    be using a remote desktop type ap to display from one pc to the other. In
    either case, they would need to be connected by cable (or ethernet LAN) or
    wirelessly.

    "charles" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > i've a Acer laptop with a huge 17" screen on it. Altho most of the times

    the
    > big screen is a nice feature, i sometimes need a smaller monitor (attached
    > on my trucks dashboard e.g. to display my (GPS)position on a map.
    > Is there any way to use my tiny Toshiba Libretto mini laptop as my
    > screendevice??? The libretto is still running win95 altho i think W98 is

    an

    Pepperoni, Jan 25, 2004

  3. charles

    Thor Guest

    Nope.

    Thor, Jan 26, 2004
  4. charles

    Rv! Guest

    "charles" <> wrote in message news:4014253a$0$538$...
    | Hi,
    |
    | i've a Acer laptop with a huge 17" screen on it. Altho most of the times the
    | big screen is a nice feature, i sometimes need a smaller monitor (attached
    | on my trucks dashboard e.g. to display my (GPS)position on a map.
    | Is there any way to use my tiny Toshiba Libretto mini laptop as my
    | screendevice??? The libretto is still running win95 altho i think W98 is an
    | option, the Acer runs on Win XP home ed.

    Why not try using www.realvnc.com and setting up a cross over lead network
    between the two. I use the program to virtual desktop to home from work and
    for my laptop in the living room when I want to control the PC in the office
    upstairs. It's an excellent piece of software that should do well for your requirements.
    Like all software it sometimes gets it wrong, but that's life!

    Robertv!

    Rv!, Jan 30, 2004
  5. charles

    Tom Dyer Guest

    A free program called VNC would do the job
    get it from www.realvnc.com and network the two computers together.
    power and battery life could be a problem.

    hope this helps
    --
    Tom Dyer BEng

    Cheap, high performance, custom built