    pins The blank thats in the slot looks like it has a cutout requireing only
    half the amount of pins for connecters. I haven't seen anything other than
    what I bought. Any help would be appreciated, thanks Neil

    ndkco, Apr 28, 2009

  2. ndkco

    Jack-MVP Guest

    Hi
    Did you try to look at a standard 802.11g?
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack-MVP, Apr 28, 2009

  3. ndkco

    ndkco Guest

    It currently has a built in b/g but i bought a new router N and wanted to
    make use of the N speed. I did look at the g and the pin configuration is the
    same as the N.

    ndkco, Apr 28, 2009
  4. ndkco

    Lem Guest

    ndkco wrote:
    > I purchased a D-Link Rangebooster N Notebook Adapter for my 3year old Compaq
    > Pressario. When I tried to plug it in it did not fit. I looked in the slot
    > anf it looks like I need a different type adapter. I have the standard
    > straight pin type, but it looks like I need one with only half the amount of
    > pins The blank thats in the slot looks like it has a cutout requireing only
    > half the amount of pins for connecters. I haven't seen anything other than
    > what I bought. Any help would be appreciated, thanks Neil

    What is the exact model of your Presario?

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP

    Lem, Apr 28, 2009
  5. ndkco

    Lem Guest

    Lem wrote:
    > ndkco wrote:
    >> I purchased a D-Link Rangebooster N Notebook Adapter for my 3year old
    >> Compaq Pressario. When I tried to plug it in it did not fit. I looked
    >> in the slot anf it looks like I need a different type adapter. I have
    >> the standard straight pin type, but it looks like I need one with only
    >> half the amount of pins The blank thats in the slot looks like it has
    >> a cutout requireing only half the amount of pins for connecters. I
    >> haven't seen anything other than what I bought. Any help would be
    >> appreciated, thanks Neil

    > What is the exact model of your Presario?

    As a guess, your Presario probably has an Express Card slot rather than
    a CardBus slot. According to Wikipedia, HP began shipping systems with
    Express Card slots in 2004, so your 3-year-old laptop certainly could
    have one. Unfortunately for you, the Express Card connector isn't
    backwards compatible with PC Cards.

    Look at the specs for your laptop. If you do have an Express Card slot,
    and you still want a D-Link draft 802.11n adapter, return your
    RangeBooster and get a D-Link DWA-643 Xtreme N Notebook ExpressCard.

    For more info, see
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PC_card
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExpressCard

    --