    primary partition have deleted it and tried a few things still no luckj even
    tried XP, gets to 35 mins remaining and just hangs there could it be a bad
    sector on the drive would it be no good now .Thanks

    paul, Jul 21, 2003

  2. paul

    Michael Guest

    In <news:KgYSa.1504$>,
    paul said:

    > Hi guys, does anyone know of a site that sells laptop parts ,hard
    > drives and bits got a tiny laptop cannoy format the drive keeps
    > finding an error in the primary partition have deleted it and tried a
    > few things still no luckj even tried XP, gets to 35 mins remaining
    > and just hangs there could it be a bad sector on the drive would it
    > be no good now .Thanks

    http://www.google.com/search?q= "parts for laptops"
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&scoring=d&q= "parts for laptop"computers"

    ((U))

    Michael, Jul 21, 2003

  3. paul

    Stevo Guest

    paul wrote:
    > Hi guys, does anyone know of a site that sells laptop parts ,hard
    > drives and bits got a tiny laptop cannoy format the drive keeps
    > finding an error in the primary partition have deleted it and tried a
    > few things still no luckj even tried XP, gets to 35 mins remaining
    > and just hangs there could it be a bad sector on the drive would it
    > be no good now .Thanks

    Sounds like it is a drive problem. Most laptops these days use 2.5" IDE
    drives. You can buy these at most stores and they are easy to fit in most
    cases (check the manufacturers website for manuals instructions etc). Once
    fitted, you partition and format it, install an OS and away you go..

    Alternatively, you might find a drive maintenance tool on the web site for
    either the drive manufacturer or the laptop manufacturer

    --
    Stevo
    (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

    Stevo, Jul 21, 2003
  4. paul

    Manfred Henn Guest

    Stevo wrote:
    > paul wrote:
    >
    >>Hi guys, does anyone know of a site that sells laptop parts ,hard
    >>drives and bits got a tiny laptop cannoy format the drive keeps
    >>finding an error in the primary partition have deleted it and tried a
    >>few things still no luckj even tried XP, gets to 35 mins remaining
    >>and just hangs there could it be a bad sector on the drive would it
    >>be no good now .Thanks

    > Sounds like it is a drive problem. Most laptops these days use 2.5" IDE
    > drives. You can buy these at most stores and they are easy to fit in most
    > cases (check the manufacturers website for manuals instructions etc). Once
    > fitted, you partition and format it, install an OS and away you go..
    >
    > Alternatively, you might find a drive maintenance tool on the web site for
    > either the drive manufacturer or the laptop manufacturer

    Also make sure you get the correct height of the drive which I believe
    is mesured in millimeters.

    Manfred Henn, Jul 22, 2003