    Only problem is that everything is in Japanese. Is there
    a way to change this to english without formatting.

    Thanks

    Jed, Jun 1, 2004

  2. Jed

    Brian Guest

    "Jed" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:c9hcoj$hhl$...
    > Can anyone advise please
    >
    > I've been given a computer from work with window 98se
    > Only problem is that everything is in Japanese. Is there
    > a way to change this to english without formatting.
    >
    > Thanks

    To install multilanguage support
    open the Add/Remove Programs dialog box at the Windows Setup tab.
    Click Multilanguage Support, and then click Details.
    Make sure a check mark appears beside the language or languages you want to
    use.
    Click OK, and then click OK again.
    The changes take effect after your computer restarts.

    To add a keyboard language or layout

    open the Keyboard Properties dialog box at the Language tab.
    Click Add.
    In the Add Language dialog box, click the keyboard language you want to add,
    and then click OK.
    Notes
    You can also open the Keyboard Properties dialog box at the Language tab by
    clicking Start, pointing to Settings, clicking Control Panel,
    double-clicking Keyboard, and then clicking the Language tab.
    When the Enable indicator on taskbar check box on the Language tab is
    selected and you have two or more keyboard languages installed, an indicator
    representing the default keyboard language appears on the taskbar. To
    quickly switch between keyboard languages, click the indicator, and then
    click the keyboard language you want to use.

    Brian, Jun 1, 2004