    year'?

    I am curious to see what effect SP1 will have on my system.

    Thanks!
    Ralph, Mar 4, 2008

  2. Ralph

    Theo Guest

    http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/w.../03/language-packs-and-windows-vista-sp1.aspx

    Language Packs and Windows Vista SP1

    Posted by Nick White on Monday, March 03, 2008 1:24 PM 13
    Comments
    Tags: Featured News, Windows Update, SP1, Windows Vista SP1,
    Language Packs
    We have some information we'd like to share in regards to
    Windows Vista SP1 and folks running Language Packs. Some of
    you may have noticed that after installing Windows Vista SP1
    on Windows Vista Ultimate - the Language Packs fail to
    appear on Windows Update (KB947875).

    We will be releasing Windows Vista SP1 in two "waves". The
    first wave will only provide Windows Vista SP1 to Windows
    Vista Ultimate PCs running the following 5 Languages:
    English, French, German, Japanese and Spanish. The second
    wave will follow shortly after - supporting all 36 languages.

    For Windows Update, PCs running the 5 initial languages from
    the first wave only will be provided with Windows Vista SP1.
    PCs running Windows Vista Ultimate with any of the other
    Language Packs installed will not be offered Windows Vista
    SP1 through Windows Update until they are released. Once the
    Language Packs are released, Windows Vista SP1 will then be
    offered for installation.

    When installing Windows Vista SP1 from the standalone
    installer, the standalone installer will only install on
    Windows Vista Ultimate running any of the 5 languages from
    the first wave. When installing Windows Vista SP1 on Windows
    Vista Ultimate with a Language Pack that is not one of the 5
    initial Language Packs supported - you will get the
    following error (KB947876) when attempting to install
    Windows Vista with the standalone installer:

    Windows Vista Service Pack 1 cannot be installed on
    your computer because the language of Windows Vista you have
    installed is not supported or you have installed a language
    pack that is not supported.

    Windows Vista Service pack 1 can only be installed on
    computers running the English, French, German, Japanese and
    Spanish versions of Windows Vista or computers running only
    those language packs.

    This means if you are running a Language Pack that is not
    one of the 5 initial Language Packs you will not be able to
    install Windows Vista SP1 until the other Language Packs are
    released.

    But not to worry - the Language Packs are on their way. We
    will have more information on exactly when very shortly so
    stay tuned!

    Theo, Mar 4, 2008