    they will do what I am trying to do.

    Thanks
    Phil

    Phil, Apr 28, 2012

  2. Phil

    Woody Guest

    "Phil" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a SIP account set up on my mobile, what I would like to
    >be able
    > to do buy a box that will on recieving an landline call then
    > route the
    > call over VOIP to my SIP account on my mobile.
    >
    > I have been looking at devices such as the SPA3102, but am
    > unsure if
    > they will do what I am trying to do.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Phil

    Fritzbox?

    Woody, Apr 28, 2012

  3. Phil

    Brian A Guest

    On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 19:30:25 +0100, Woody wrote:

    > "Phil" <> wrote in message
    >>I have a SIP account set up on my mobile, what I would like to be able
    >> to do buy a box that will on recieving an landline call then route the
    >> call over VOIP to my SIP account on my mobile.
    >>
    >> I have been looking at devices such as the SPA3102, but am unsure if
    >> they will do what I am trying to do.
    >>
    >> Thanks Phil
    >>

    > Fritzbox?

    An SPA3102 would be a good choice. If you have a landline it will
    integrate this into the system. To use an SPA you need to learn how to
    write a dial plan. If you do this you will find that this device is very
    versatile. So, it will be possible to set up a dial plan such that your
    calls are routed via the cheapest provider per call type.
    The Fritzbox is OK, easier to set up, but configuration is limited.

    Brian A, Apr 28, 2012
  4. Per Brian A:
    > To use an SPA you need to learn how to
    >write a dial plan.

    I don't think I ever "learned", but by cloning examples I've got
    something that works for me in the USA.

    This is the documentation version:
    Mod6: - Treat additional "8xx" numbers same as 800 numbers

    (
    911<:mad:gw0>S0 | "911": immediate POTS

    1800xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 | 11-digit 800 number: Immeditiate
    POTS
    1855xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    1866xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    1877xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    1888xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |

    <:1>800xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 | 10-digit 800 number: Append "1",
    immediate POTS
    <:1>855xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    <:1>866xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    <:1>877xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    <:1>888xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |

    1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0 | "1" + 10 digits: Immediate VOIP
    <:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxxS0 | Only 10 digits: Prefix with "1",
    immediate VOIP
    011[2-9]x. Overseas dialing via VOIP
    )

    Here's what I paste into the device's Setup page:
    (
    911<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    1800xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    1855xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    1866xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    1877xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    1888xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    <:1>800xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    <:1>855xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    <:1>866xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    <:1>877xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    <:1>888xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0 |
    <:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|
    011[2-9]x.
    )

    Pete Cresswell

    (PeteCresswell), Apr 29, 2012
  5. Phil

    Loony Guest

    On 29/04/2012 01:03, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
    > Per Brian A:
    >> To use an SPA you need to learn how to
    >> write a dial plan.

    > I don't think I ever "learned", but by cloning examples I've got
    > something that works for me in the USA.
    >
    > This is the documentation version:
    > Mod6: - Treat additional "8xx" numbers same as 800 numbers
    > 855
    > 866
    > 877
    > 888
    >
    > (
    > 911<:mad:gw0>S0 | "911": immediate POTS
    >
    > 1800xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 | 11-digit 800 number: Immeditiate
    > POTS
    > 1855xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    > 1866xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    > 1877xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    > 1888xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    >
    > <:1>800xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 | 10-digit 800 number: Append "1",
    > immediate POTS
    > <:1>855xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    > <:1>866xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    > <:1>877xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    > <:1>888xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    >
    > 1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0 | "1" + 10 digits: Immediate VOIP
    > <:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxxS0 | Only 10 digits: Prefix with "1",
    > immediate VOIP
    > 011[2-9]x. Overseas dialing via VOIP
    > )
    >
    > Here's what I paste into the device's Setup page:
    > (
    > 911<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    > 1800xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    > 1855xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    > 1866xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    > 1877xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    > 1888xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    > <:1>800xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    > <:1>855xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    > <:1>866xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    > <:1>877xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    > <:1>888xxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>S0 |
    > 1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0 |
    > <:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|
    > 011[2-9]x.
    > )

    Does 'Landline call to SIP' function around the earth or in
    patches?

    TIA

    Loony, Apr 29, 2012
  6. Phil

    Graham. Guest

    >Does 'Landline call to SIP' function around the earth or in
    >patches?
    >
    >TIA

    Assuming SIP traffic is not blocked by the IP provider, then I can't
    see how it couldn't work.

    --
    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Apr 29, 2012
  7. Per Phil:
    >I have a SIP account set up on my mobile, what I would like to be able
    >to do buy a box that will on recieving an landline call then route the
    >call over VOIP to my SIP account on my mobile.

    Immediately? Or only after n rings?

    Seems like immediately would defeat your home phone system where
    you might want yourself to be answering on one extension and
    somebody else in the house on another.

    I am using an SPA3102 and would welcome comment from anybody who
    knows how to route calls to SIP after n rings - providing a sort
    of alternative answering machine effect.
    --
    Pete Cresswell

    (PeteCresswell), Apr 29, 2012
  8. Phil

    Roger Guest

    On 29/04/2012 15:25, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
    > Per Phil:
    >> I have a SIP account set up on my mobile, what I would like to be able
    >> to do buy a box that will on recieving an landline call then route the
    >> call over VOIP to my SIP account on my mobile.

    > Immediately? Or only after n rings?
    >
    > Seems like immediately would defeat your home phone system where
    > you might want yourself to be answering on one extension and
    > somebody else in the house on another.
    >
    > I am using an SPA3102 and would welcome comment from anybody who
    > knows how to route calls to SIP after n rings - providing a sort
    > of alternative answering machine effect.

    I dont have my SPA connected to the PSTN anymore (gave up with the echo
    and bought a fritzbox) but this may help you somewhat

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10024/products_qanda_item09186a0080a359ae.shtml
    I think you also have to set the PSTN answer delay and probably put a
    gateway in the dialplan rather then the basic number they give as an
    example.

    Roger, Apr 29, 2012
  9. In article <>,
    "(PeteCresswell)" <> writes:
    > Per Phil:
    >>I have a SIP account set up on my mobile, what I would like to be able
    >>to do buy a box that will on recieving an landline call then route the
    >>call over VOIP to my SIP account on my mobile.

    > Immediately? Or only after n rings?
    >
    > Seems like immediately would defeat your home phone system where
    > you might want yourself to be answering on one extension and
    > somebody else in the house on another.
    >
    > I am using an SPA3102 and would welcome comment from anybody who
    > knows how to route calls to SIP after n rings - providing a sort
    > of alternative answering machine effect.

    The SPA3102 can route the call to a SIP number _and_ continue to
    ring on a locally attached handset. The first one to pickup gets
    the call. I've used this to implement a phone extension miles
    away over SIP. The SPA3102 can add a caller display name prefix
    too, so if the remote extension is used for other things too,
    you can see that a particular call has been routed to it from
    the SPA3102. (In my case, the remote extension is an SPA too.)

    --
    Andrew Gabriel

    Andrew Gabriel, May 4, 2012
  10. Phil

    Phil Guest

    (Andrew Gabriel) writes:

    > In article <>,
    > "(PeteCresswell)" <> writes:
    >> Per Phil:
    >>>I have a SIP account set up on my mobile, what I would like to be able
    >>>to do buy a box that will on recieving an landline call then route the
    >>>call over VOIP to my SIP account on my mobile.

    >> Immediately? Or only after n rings?
    >>
    >> Seems like immediately would defeat your home phone system where
    >> you might want yourself to be answering on one extension and
    >> somebody else in the house on another.
    >>
    >> I am using an SPA3102 and would welcome comment from anybody who
    >> knows how to route calls to SIP after n rings - providing a sort
    >> of alternative answering machine effect.

    > The SPA3102 can route the call to a SIP number _and_ continue to
    > ring on a locally attached handset. The first one to pickup gets
    > the call. I've used this to implement a phone extension miles
    > away over SIP. The SPA3102 can add a caller display name prefix
    > too, so if the remote extension is used for other things too,
    > you can see that a particular call has been routed to it from
    > the SPA3102. (In my case, the remote extension is an SPA too.)

    Thank you for that, that is exactly what I am trying to do. Sounds like
    the thing to get.

    Phil

    Phil, May 5, 2012
  11. Phil

    tony sayer Guest

    In article <jo0m85$lqn$>, Andrew Gabriel
    <> scribeth thus
    >In article <>,
    > "(PeteCresswell)" <> writes:
    >> Per Phil:
    >>>I have a SIP account set up on my mobile, what I would like to be able
    >>>to do buy a box that will on recieving an landline call then route the
    >>>call over VOIP to my SIP account on my mobile.

    >> Immediately? Or only after n rings?
    >>
    >> Seems like immediately would defeat your home phone system where
    >> you might want yourself to be answering on one extension and
    >> somebody else in the house on another.
    >>
    >> I am using an SPA3102 and would welcome comment from anybody who
    >> knows how to route calls to SIP after n rings - providing a sort
    >> of alternative answering machine effect.

    >The SPA3102 can route the call to a SIP number _and_ continue to
    >ring on a locally attached handset. The first one to pickup gets
    >the call. I've used this to implement a phone extension miles
    >away over SIP. The SPA3102 can add a caller display name prefix
    >too, so if the remote extension is used for other things too,
    >you can see that a particular call has been routed to it from
    >the SPA3102. (In my case, the remote extension is an SPA too.)

    Bit of an old post but can you let on quite how thats configured to do
    that a friend of mine would appreciate that facility!...

    cheers..
    --
    Tony Sayer

    tony sayer, Jul 7, 2012