    firewall is disabled. Nothing seems to work.
    All three machines can access the internet. All three machines cannot
    access the LAN. What gives? It just shouldn't be this hard.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3BhcnJvd0hhd2s=?=, Sep 6, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U3BhcnJvd0hhd2s=?=

    Jeff Guest

    Can the computers ping each other on the LAN? If so, they can be accessed by
    typing in the IP addreess directly in a windows browser window. Something
    like \\192.168.0.2 . If that works, you have a master browser issue (very
    common) and it actually will often fix itself if you have everything else
    set up correctly (workgroups, firewalls, etc), then access each resource by
    IP address, and then leave all the comptures on for 72 hours. (Yes, hours.
    It can take a long time for them to clear their caches and discover each
    other)

    Jeff, Sep 13, 2004