    internet when out and about in public, why doesnt microsoft keep it simple
    for these things, some one please help me.

    wayne notts,.

    =?Utf-8?B?d2F5bmU=?=, Apr 25, 2006

  2. Hi
    I assume you are talking about Wireless Network Card. The LAN Switch just
    physically switch the LAN Card On.
    Your computer's Network has to be correctly configured in order to work with
    the Internet.
    Installing Network: http://www.ezlan.net/Installing.html
    If the Network is installed, you can debug the Network Settings of a
    computer by following these steps.
    Step One. Check the Network parameters in the Computer's Device Manager.
    Make sure that the Network Card drivers are installed correctly; i.e. there
    is No IRQ conflict, and No Ghost installation.
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#ghostStep Two. Verify Basic network setting in the
    OS: http://www.ezlan.net/Installing#verify If the above two Steps indicates
    that every thing looks good but functionally it does not work.
    Step Three. Check (and repair if necessary) the Socket Layers, Winsock, and
    or refresh the TCP/IP Stack. http://www.ezlan.net/clean#refreshnet
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 25, 2006