    Hi All,

    >From last couple of days i have facing problem LAN Speed is slow.

    I have Cat6 cable with Dlink switch

    What can be the reasons ?

    Please help ASAP..

    Thanks,
    Chetan

    NETADMIN, Jul 12, 2006

  2. NETADMIN

    Todd H. Guest

    "NETADMIN" <> writes:

    > Hi All,
    >

    > >From last couple of days i have facing problem LAN Speed is slow.

    > I have Cat6 cable with Dlink switch
    >
    > What can be the reasons ?

    Absent the number of hosts we're talking about, the model of switch
    we're talking about and numbers to quantify "lan speed is slow" it's
    really quite hard to say.

    Could be you're 0wn3d by a malicious attacker, your switch lights are
    all flashing simultaneously solid, and someone has flooded your
    switch's CAM, summarily dumbed your switch down into hub mode, and is
    enjoying the fun of sniffing your entire network.

    Without model numbers and more quantitative info in your question,
    it's hard from anyone here to hazard further guesses.

    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

    Todd H., Jul 12, 2006

  3. NETADMIN

    Jim Watt Guest

    On 12 Jul 2006 10:24:47 -0700, "NETADMIN" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >

    >>From last couple of days i have facing problem LAN Speed is slow.

    >I have Cat6 cable with Dlink switch
    >
    >What can be the reasons ?

    More likely a networking issue than a security one.

    Check to see if any lights are flashing furiously

    Check all connections. I had one network where there was a single
    drop lead from the wall point to a PC which was wired up wrongly which
    buggered up the good working of the whole office. If you made them
    yourself chances are one plug is wired wrongly.

    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Jul 12, 2006
  4. "NETADMIN" <> wrote:

    > What can be the reasons ?

    Sunspots...

    Juergen Nieveler
    --
    Downsizing the code?!? Don't you have DOUBLESPACE?!?

    Juergen Nieveler, Jul 13, 2006
  5. NETADMIN

    ~David~ Guest

    NETADMIN wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >

    >>From last couple of days i have facing problem LAN Speed is slow.

    > I have Cat6 cable with Dlink switch
    >
    > What can be the reasons ?
    >
    > Please help ASAP..
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Chetan

    More info is needed. Like others have said, it could be your switch, the NICs
    in the computers, the software they are using on the network or alignment of the
    stars ;-)

    ~David~

    ~David~, Jul 15, 2006