    Anyone else had similar problems??
    Thanks in advance
    Debbie
    Ladydeb, Sep 23, 2004

  2. Ladydeb

    Trent SC Guest

    Belkin in the UK have an extremely helpful telephone support desk, so why
    not try them. If you're not UK-based, I would guess that they have
    similarly helpful offices in other countries.

    Trent SC, Sep 23, 2004

  3. Ladydeb

    Andy Kelly Guest

    > We have just set up a new computer for my son and are trying to connect it
    > to the internet via our broadband internet access. We have broadband and
    > have bought a Belkin wireless B USB Network Adapter.

    I assume that you have connected the USB wireless network adapter to the PC.
    Do you have a wireless broadband router connected to the broadband modem?
    Andy Kelly, Sep 23, 2004
  4. Ladydeb

    SIXTHPISTOL Guest

    Hi there Andy
    We were told when we bought the Belkin wireless kit that we didn't need a
    router. So no, we don't have one. We have connected one wireless adapter to
    each computer. The computer with the modem has been configured as the main
    and the upstairs computer configured to access the internet via the main
    computer. Both Belkin adapters are showing 90% signal. Both computers show a
    wireless network connection, working peer to peer on the task bar. When
    using the upstairs computer to show computers on the network it recognises
    the downstairs computer, could the problem be the configuration of the
    internet connection on the upstairs computer??
    Its sooo annoying to get this far and it still not work!!
    Regards
    Debbie

    SIXTHPISTOL, Sep 24, 2004
  5. Ladydeb

    Ladydeb Guest

    Sorry about that Andy, I forgot to switch identities again!! Being a dimwit
    again!!!
    The message from sixthpistol was actually from me. Thats what you get for
    trying to post at 6am before my brain has left sleep mode properly.
    I'm not so sure it ever leaves sleep mode properly actually! Ha ha.
    Debbie

    Ladydeb, Sep 24, 2004
  6. Ladydeb

    Liz Guest

    "Ladydeb" <> wrote
    > I'm not so sure it ever leaves sleep mode properly actually! Ha ha.
    > Debbie

    I never sleep.
    Liz, Sep 24, 2004
  7. Ladydeb

    Ladydeb Guest

    I thought only the undead never slept!!

    Ladydeb, Sep 24, 2004
  8. Ladydeb

    Andy Kelly Guest

    > Sorry about that Andy, I forgot to switch identities again!! Being a

    dimwit
    > again!!!
    > The message from sixthpistol was actually from me. Thats what you get for
    > trying to post at 6am before my brain has left sleep mode properly.
    > I'm not so sure it ever leaves sleep mode properly actually! Ha ha.

    What operating system are you using on the two PCs?
    Andy Kelly, Sep 24, 2004
  9. Ladydeb

    treehugger Guest

    "Ladydeb" <> wrote in message news:%uH4d.95802$...
    > HI There
    > We have just set up a new computer for my son and are trying to connect it
    > to the internet via our broadband internet access. We have broadband and
    > have bought a Belkin wireless B USB Network Adapter.
    > Everything seemed to go ok, until you try to open internet explorer. The
    > instructions with the Belkin are pathetic and don't really give a clue as to
    > how to troubleshoot if there is a problem.
    > A message comes up saying unable to find server.
    > Mmm. Very frustrating!!
    > Anyone else had similar problems??
    > Thanks in advance
    > Debbie

    I'm pretty sure this microsoft article entitled "Making the Wireless Home Network Connection in Windows XP Without a Router" might help you. I'm guessing you have XP

    treehugger

    treehugger
    treehugger, Sep 24, 2004