    lan card.
    Question is how do i set the wireless for internet and LAN for local network
    access. Any ideas welcome thanks for your help.

    BINZA@, Jun 9, 2005

  2. BINZA@

    Dave Guest

    does the wireless router connect to the same 100mb lan?? is the lan
    connected to the internet, and if so, how? if not, how is the wireless one
    supposed to be connected to the internet? do you have the ethernet card in
    the one pc connected to the lan? have you tried disabling the ethernet card
    in the one with both??

    Dave, Jun 9, 2005

  3. BINZA@

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi
    1. If you have a LAN without an Hardware Router, the topology should be like this (with
    ICS Off): http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg
    2. You can add a Wireless Cable/DSL as a second Router to an existing already Routed
    Network.
    If you would like one coherent Network you have to configure the second Router as a
    Switch with an Access Point: http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html

    If you would like secured Segregated Network you should configure it as in the following
    page: http://www.ezlan.net/shield.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP\), Jun 9, 2005
  4. BINZA@

    BINZA@ Guest

    does the wireless router connect to the same 100mb lan??
    No wireless router only connects to my one wireless pc that also is on my
    lan through cat5 network

    is the lan connected to the internet, and if so, how?
    NO

    if not, how is the wireless one supposed to be connected to the internet?
    it is connected throgh my wireless adsl router

    do you have the ethernet card in the one pc connected to the lan?
    6 pcs on LAN all with working network cards

    have you tried disabling the ethernet card
    Yes i have disabled my network card on the one wirless pc and then my
    internet works fine through my wireless connection BUT i cant then use my
    LAN.

    BINZA@, Jun 9, 2005