Lame phishing attempt

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Craig Sutton, Sep 27, 2008.

  1. Craig Sutton

    Craig Sutton Guest

    From: Vodafone Webmail(ihug.co.nz) <>
    To: <>
    Subject: PLEASE PROTECT YOUR Vodafone Webmail (ihug.co.nz) ACCOUNT FROM
    BEING CLOSED
    Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 13:26:01 -0400

    This is to notify you that we are presently UPGRADING our Vodafone
    Webmail(ihug.co.nz), this maintenance can close your ihug.co.nz account
    completely. Please do not say you were not informed, your urgent response is
    highly needed, to protect your email account from being closed, please
    forward your SURNAME and PASSWORD to our customer services with email
    address:
    Craig Sutton, Sep 27, 2008

  2. Craig Sutton

    Cima Guest

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 07:01:11 +1300, "Craig Sutton" <>
    wrote:

    >From: Vodafone Webmail(ihug.co.nz) <>
    >To: <>
    >Subject: PLEASE PROTECT YOUR Vodafone Webmail (ihug.co.nz) ACCOUNT FROM
    >BEING CLOSED
    >Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 13:26:01 -0400
    >
    >This is to notify you that we are presently UPGRADING our Vodafone
    >Webmail(ihug.co.nz), this maintenance can close your ihug.co.nz account
    >completely. Please do not say you were not informed, your urgent response is
    >highly needed, to protect your email account from being closed, please
    >forward your SURNAME and PASSWORD to our customer services with email
    >address:

    Had half a dozen similar ones to my Paradise account this week, all slightly
    different, but "lost in the translation" english ;)

    Attention:paradise.net.nz Email User

    WE are upgrading generally without shutting down the old Server(NT06717)to a new
    and better Server(NT21766),hence the reason for the request and notification.

    We apologise for any inconvenience this will cause our
    respected email users.

    You are to fill the details below to enable us upgrade and
    verify from the old server.

    It is secure and safe and you can change your information
    72 hours after you receive email from us of confirmation.

    FILL THE DETAILS BELOW OR ANYWHERE IN THE MAIL

    Username :
    Password :
    Address :
    City :

    Attention!!! Account owner that does not update his or her
    account within a given period of time after receiving this
    Notification will lose his or her account permanently.

    Thank you for using Paradise.net.nz Email.

    Notification Code:BC1G43TRJ

    Sarah Williams
    HelpDesk
    Cima, Sep 27, 2008

  3. In <gbls7j$33t$> Craig Sutton wrote:

    > ...to our customer services with email address: .
    > za

    ihugconz? Seems like an appropriate name.

    --
    Roger Johnstone, Invercargill, New Zealand -> http://roger.geek.nz
    Roger Johnstone, Sep 28, 2008