Lake Como

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by G. Hoppenbrouwers, Jul 27, 2005.

  1. G. Hoppenbrouwers, Jul 27, 2005

  2. >
    > Your comments are very appreciated.
    >
    > Gregoir

    Absolutely beautiful!
    Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig, Jul 27, 2005

  3. Biker2 \(Threadstopper\), Jul 27, 2005
  4. G. Hoppenbrouwers

    MTBike1970 Guest

    These are truly excellent images Gregoir....
    I was in the Como area about 10 years ago, and I did recognize some of the
    locations in your photos....now I want to go back for another visit.
    Also enjoyed your pictures taken in Holland. You're fortunate to live in
    such a photogenic part of the world...
    best regards...

    MTBike1970, Jul 27, 2005
  5. "Biker2 (Threadstopper)" <steve at pvl dot co dot uk> schreef in bericht

    > "G. Hoppenbrouwers" <> wrote in message
    >> Pictures of Lake Como on:
    >>
    >> http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/diversen/index10.html
    >>
    >> http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/diversen/index11.html
    >>
    >> http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/diversen/index12.html
    >>

    >> Your comments are very appreciated.

    > Wow! What camera did you use to make such stunning images ?
    >
    > Steve
    > --

    Thanks !
    I use a Canon 10D.

    Best Regards

    Gregoir
    G. Hoppenbrouwers, Jul 27, 2005
  6. "MTBike1970" <> schreef in bericht
    > These are truly excellent images Gregoir....
    > I was in the Como area about 10 years ago, and I did recognize some of the
    > locations in your photos....now I want to go back for another visit.
    > Also enjoyed your pictures taken in Holland. You're fortunate to live in
    > such a photogenic part of the world...
    > best regards...
    >
    > "G. Hoppenbrouwers" <> wrote in message
    >> Pictures of Lake Como on:
    >>
    >> http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/diversen/index10.html
    >>
    >> http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/diversen/index11.html
    >>
    >> http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/diversen/index12.html
    >>

    >> Your comments are very appreciated.
    >>
    >> Gregoir

    Thanks.
    In my opinion Lake Come is the most beautiful of the lakes in N.Italy.
    You wil not regret it when you go back.

    Best Regards

    Gregoir (NL)
    G. Hoppenbrouwers, Jul 27, 2005
  7. "G. Hoppenbrouwers" <> wrote in message

    > "Biker2 (Threadstopper)" <steve at pvl dot co dot uk> schreef in bericht
    > >
    > > "G. Hoppenbrouwers" <> wrote in message
    > >> Pictures of Lake Como on:
    > >>
    > >> http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/diversen/index10.html
    > >>
    > >> http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/diversen/index11.html
    > >>
    > >> http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/diversen/index12.html
    > >>

    > >> Your comments are very appreciated.

    > > Wow! What camera did you use to make such stunning images ?
    > >
    > > Steve
    > > --

    > Thanks !
    > I use a Canon 10D.
    >
    > Best Regards
    >
    > Gregoir

    Well Gregoir, if you can make great images with the Canon 10D, I hope mine
    will be just as good when I purchase the 20D ;-)

    Kind regards

    Steve
    Biker2 \(Threadstopper\), Jul 27, 2005
  8. G. Hoppenbrouwers

    Faz Guest

    Faz, Jul 27, 2005
  9. G. Hoppenbrouwers

    Neil Ellwood Guest

    "Biker2 \(Threadstopper\)" <steve at pvl dot co dot uk> wrote:

    > "G. Hoppenbrouwers" <> wrote in message
    >> Pictures of Lake Como on:
    >>
    >> http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/diversen/index10.html
    >>
    >> http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/diversen/index11.html
    >>
    >> http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/diversen/index12.html
    >>

    >> Your comments are very appreciated.

    > Wow! What camera did you use to make such stunning images ?
    >
    > Steve
    > --

    This is like asking a painter what make of paints he used for his
    latest pictures. The true answer is he his eyes.
    --
    Neil
    Neil Ellwood, Jul 27, 2005
  10. "Faz" <> schreef in bericht
    > Can I be nosey and ask what is your camera? Great pictures.......keep them
    > coming.
    >
    > The Faz.
    >

    > "G. Hoppenbrouwers" <> wrote in message
    >> Pictures of Lake Como on:
    >>
    >> http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/diversen/index10.html
    >>
    >> http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/diversen/index11.html
    >>
    >> http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/diversen/index12.html
    >>

    >> Your comments are very appreciated.
    >>
    >> Gregoir

    Thanks !
    I use a Canon 10D.

    Best Regards

    Gregoir
    G. Hoppenbrouwers, Jul 27, 2005
  11. G. Hoppenbrouwers

    P.Jay Guest

    > "Biker2 (Threadstopper)" <steve at pvl dot co dot uk> schreef in bericht
    > >
    > > "G. Hoppenbrouwers" <> wrote in message
    > >> Pictures of Lake Como on:
    > >>
    > >> http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/diversen/index10.html
    > >>
    > >> http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/diversen/index11.html
    > >>
    > >> http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/diversen/index12.html
    > >>

    > >> Your comments are very appreciated.

    > > Wow! What camera did you use to make such stunning images ?
    > >
    > > Steve
    > > --

    > Thanks !
    > I use a Canon 10D.
    >
    > Best Regards
    >
    > Gregoir

    You used the Canon10D>,does that mean if I took photos with my Canon20D
    they would be twice as good as yours(only joking),great landscapes.
    P.Jay

    --
    Take dog out to find me
    P.Jay, Jul 27, 2005
  12. Alan Wonsowski, Jul 27, 2005
  13. G. Hoppenbrouwers wrote:
    > Pictures of Lake Como on:
    >
    > http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/diversen/index10.html
    >
    > http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/diversen/index11.html
    >
    > http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/diversen/index12.html
    >

    > Your comments are very appreciated.
    >
    > Gregoir

    Hello,

    Your Como pictures are lovely, and I enjoyed them very much. I was there
    in June of 2004.

    I think that the question of what camera you used is unimportant, as the
    artistry of the photographer transcends the equipment. I heard about a
    photographer who was a guest at a dinner in a woman's home. After he
    showed his photographs to the guests, she remarked that the pictures are
    nice so he must have a good camera. He thereupon replied that the dinner
    was nice so she must have good pots.

    Hartelijk gefiliciteerd over de mooie photos. Die zijn uitstekend, en
    hebben mij veel plezier gegeven.

    Best regards,

    Morton Linder
    Morton Linder, Jul 27, 2005
  14. stevenjill@not_pvl.co.uk (Biker2 \(threadstopper\)) wrote:

    > Of course they could be described as photographs but
    > the quality was not much better than Lego..

    :) Great description.

    Andrew McP

    PS While I'm in the thread, the OP's pics are very good; excellent
    composition in many.
    Andrew MacPherson, Jul 27, 2005
  15. G. Hoppenbrouwers

    skroob Guest

    You must not post these again. You'll want to make people go there and
    increase the # of tourists. Best part of Como is its off the main touring
    paths. ;)

    Nice pictures though. Did you get to the town of Bellagio at all, just up
    the lake? Did you take any pictures of any of the 1920/30's architectural
    projects that Terragni did in the area?

    skroob, Jul 27, 2005
  16. G. Hoppenbrouwers

    Paul Mitchum Guest

    Paul Mitchum, Jul 27, 2005
  17. G. Hoppenbrouwers

    Jer Guest

    MTBike1970 wrote:
    > These are truly excellent images Gregoir....
    > I was in the Como area about 10 years ago, and I did recognize some of the
    > locations in your photos....now I want to go back for another visit.
    > Also enjoyed your pictures taken in Holland. You're fortunate to live in
    > such a photogenic part of the world...
    > best regards...

    Let's all hope he continues to enjoy opportunities before a developer
    turns it all into a parking lot.

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'
    Jer, Jul 28, 2005
  18. G. Hoppenbrouwers

    Neil Ellwood Guest

    Biker2 (threadstopper) wrote:

    > "Neil Ellwood" <> wrote in message
    >> "Biker2 \(Threadstopper\)" <steve at pvl dot co dot uk> wrote:
    >>

    >> > "G. Hoppenbrouwers" <> wrote in message

    >> > Wow! What camera did you use to make such stunning images ?
    >> >
    >> > Steve
    >> > --

    >> This is like asking a painter what make of paints he used for his
    >> latest pictures. The true answer is he his eyes.
    >> --
    >> Neil

    > That's bollocks Neil
    >
    > The first digital camera I owned wrote the file to a floppy disk.
    > You could get about 20 images on a 1.4mb floppy.
    >
    > Of course they could be described as photographs but the quality was
    > not much better than Lego..
    >
    > Steve
    > --

    So you are saying that with that camera you didn't compose the
    pictures and select the shots and the camera did all this, if so why
    not just send the camera on outings and do something else at home or
    work in the meantime?
    --
    Neil
    Neil Ellwood, Jul 28, 2005
  19. G. Hoppenbrouwers

    Old Bugger Guest

    Old Bugger, Jul 28, 2005
  20. G. Hoppenbrouwers

    Old Bugger Guest

    On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:54:36 +0200, "G. Hoppenbrouwers" <> wrote:

    >Thanks !
    >I use a Canon 10D.

    Which lens/lenses?
    Old Bugger, Jul 28, 2005