    getting another mail/newsreader?

    Thanks.
    S.R.

    Rindler Sigurd, Sep 29, 2003

  2. Rindler Sigurd

    d.c. Guest

    "Rindler Sigurd" <-net.ne.jp> wrote in message
    > After receiving hundreds of spam mails in recent days, I have managed to

    set
    > the relevant message rules in Outlook Express. However, I still receive
    > those email message with empty Subject lines.
    > There is apparently no way to tell the program that I don't want to

    receive
    > empty subject headers.
    > The only other option I see is "Where the message has an attachment"
    > I can't select this option since I receive attachments which I need for
    > work...
    > Is there another trick which I have missed, apart from ditching OE and
    > getting another mail/newsreader?

    You could get an add-on tool like Mailwasher, or freeware such as
    http://popfile.sourceforge.net/ Popfile.

    Bottom line, OE is very weak in regard to blocking spam.

    --

    I shave with Occam's Razor
    http://www.dwacon.com
    d.c., Sep 29, 2003

  3. Rindler Sigurd

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Rindler Sigurd said:

    > After receiving hundreds of spam mails in recent days, I have managed to set
    > the relevant message rules in Outlook Express. However, I still receive
    > those email message with empty Subject lines.
    > There is apparently no way to tell the program that I don't want to receive
    > empty subject headers.
    > The only other option I see is "Where the message has an attachment"
    > I can't select this option since I receive attachments which I need for
    > work...
    > Is there another trick which I have missed, apart from ditching OE and
    > getting another mail/newsreader?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > S.R.

    Take a look at my Outlook Express Options page under Help Desk and use the
    Korean spam method, it stops empty subject lines.

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror
    Brian H¹©, Sep 29, 2003
  4. Rindler Sigurd

    Boomer Guest

    Rindler Sigurd wrote:

    > After receiving hundreds of spam mails in recent days, I have
    > managed to set the relevant message rules in Outlook Express.
    > However, I still receive those email message with empty Subject
    > lines. There is apparently no way to tell the program that I
    > don't want to receive empty subject headers.
    > The only other option I see is "Where the message has an
    > attachment" I can't select this option since I receive
    > attachments which I need for work...
    > Is there another trick which I have missed, apart from ditching
    > OE and getting another mail/newsreader?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > S.R.

    You might want to check these out:

    SpamPal for Windows http://www.spampal.org/
    FrontGateMX http://www.presorium.com/index.shtml
    PopCorn http://www.ultrafunk.com/products/popcorn/

    I'd get a new mail client. ;)
    Mozilla Thunderbird (a mail/news client).
    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/
    Boomer, Sep 29, 2003
  5. Rindler Sigurd

    Richard Guest

    Brian wrote:

    > Rindler Sigurd said:

    >> After receiving hundreds of spam mails in recent days, I have managed
    >> to set
    >> the relevant message rules in Outlook Express. However, I still
    >> receive
    >> those email message with empty Subject lines.
    >> There is apparently no way to tell the program that I don't want to
    >> receive
    >> empty subject headers.
    >> The only other option I see is "Where the message has an attachment"
    >> I can't select this option since I receive attachments which I need
    >> for
    >> work...
    >> Is there another trick which I have missed, apart from ditching OE and
    >> getting another mail/newsreader?

    >> Thanks.
    >> S.R.

    > Take a look at my Outlook Express Options page under Help Desk and use
    > the
    > Korean spam method, it stops empty subject lines.

    > --
    > www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    > freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror

    The color on the helpdesk pages needs to be toned down a bit.
    Richard, Sep 29, 2003
  6. Rindler Sigurd

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Richard said:

    > Brian wrote:
    >
    > > Rindler Sigurd said:

    >>> After receiving hundreds of spam mails in recent days, I have managed
    >>> to set
    >>> the relevant message rules in Outlook Express. However, I still
    >>> receive
    >>> those email message with empty Subject lines.
    >>> There is apparently no way to tell the program that I don't want to
    >>> receive
    >>> empty subject headers.
    >>> The only other option I see is "Where the message has an attachment"
    >>> I can't select this option since I receive attachments which I need
    >>> for
    >>> work...
    >>> Is there another trick which I have missed, apart from ditching OE and
    >>> getting another mail/newsreader?

    >>> Thanks.
    >>> S.R.

    >> Take a look at my Outlook Express Options page under Help Desk and use
    >> the
    >> Korean spam method, it stops empty subject lines.

    >> --
    >> www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    >> freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror

    > The color on the helpdesk pages needs to be toned down a bit.

    You make pages on your site the way you want them, I'll do the same with the
    pages on my site.
    And if you haven't already noticed, I am in the middle of rebuilding my site.
    Brian H¹©, Sep 29, 2003
  7. Rindler Sigurd

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Richard said:

    > Brian wrote:
    >
    > > Rindler Sigurd said:

    >>> After receiving hundreds of spam mails in recent days, I have managed
    >>> to set
    >>> the relevant message rules in Outlook Express. However, I still
    >>> receive
    >>> those email message with empty Subject lines.
    >>> There is apparently no way to tell the program that I don't want to
    >>> receive
    >>> empty subject headers.
    >>> The only other option I see is "Where the message has an attachment"
    >>> I can't select this option since I receive attachments which I need
    >>> for
    >>> work...
    >>> Is there another trick which I have missed, apart from ditching OE and
    >>> getting another mail/newsreader?

    >>> Thanks.
    >>> S.R.

    >> Take a look at my Outlook Express Options page under Help Desk and use
    >> the
    >> Korean spam method, it stops empty subject lines.

    >> --
    >> www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    >> freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror

    > The color on the helpdesk pages needs to be toned down a bit.

    I take it you are 66.190.9.155
    Brian H¹©, Sep 29, 2003