LACDA: open call

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by alexander laurence, Aug 10, 2004.

  1. Reply to:

    L.A. Center For Digital Art Open Call, Every Artist is Shown!

    SNAP TO GRID:
    the UN-Juried competition

    September 9-October 1
    Opening Reception Thursday September 9, 7-9pm

    For detailed info and registration follow this link:

    http://www.lacda.com/exhibits/september.html

    Show your work at our gallery in our Un-Juried Show: Snap to Grid. In a
    historically unprecedented exhibition participants each upload one image to be
    printed on high quality paper and hung in a grid in our gallery. The show will
    be widely promoted and will include a reception for the artists.

    Prior to and after the exhibition the images and artist information will be
    available to gallery visitors to view in our artist portfolios. Prints can be
    made available to buyers on an as needed basis. Artwork for future exhibits
    will be selected from the portfolios, and will also be available for review by
    area gallerists, curators and arts journalists. Everybody wins!

    Entry fee $30US. Proceeds benefit gallery programs.

    Show is international, open to all geographical locations.

    Thanks to all for your support and our continuing success!

    P.S. Check out the great review of our current show "Cell-Outs and Phonies" in
    L.A. Weekly page 63 or http://www.laweekly.com/calendar/ and on New York's New
    Museum site http://rhizome.org/netartnews/story.rhiz?timestamp=20040730 .

    Also read these:

    http://www.hipsterhandbook.com
    http://www.sfburning.com
    http://www.polaroidscene.com
    http://www.lacda.com

    alexander laurence, Aug 10, 2004

  2. alexander laurence

    Mark M Guest

    "alexander laurence" <> wrote in message
    wins!

    > Entry fee $30US. Proceeds benefit gallery programs.
    >
    > Thanks to all for your support and our continuing success!

    Ya, I'd "thank for support" too if it came in at $30 a pop!!!!!

    SPAM!!!

    Mark M, Aug 10, 2004