    --
    You can pick your
    friends, just not to pieces.

    Greg M, Dec 21, 2003

  2. Greg M

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Greg M said:

    > Anyone have any tips for getting the backing away from the fricking
    > label tape? Tryin to catch the corner is a bear, that's the only way I
    > know.
    >
    > 'Bout this time of year, winter, ;0, I can almost sand wood with my
    > hands. Nnnn, I can almost sand with 'em anytime akshully. ;)

    A very sharp, thin, blade?

    Brian H¹©, Dec 21, 2003

  3. Greg M

    Bryan Guest

    "Greg M" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone have any tips for getting the backing away from the fricking
    > label tape? Tryin to catch the corner is a bear, that's the only way
    > I know.
    >
    > 'Bout this time of year, winter, ;0, I can almost sand wood with my
    > hands. Nnnn, I can almost sand with 'em anytime akshully. ;)

    Ask a woman or child to do it, smaller fingers - thinner nails!
    You could try a sharp, small, kitchen knife and use it like you were
    peeling veg.
    :)
    Domesticated Husband

    Bryan, Dec 21, 2003
  4. Greg M

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 08:12:14 -0600, Greg M wrote:

    > Anyone have any tips for getting the backing away from the fricking
    >label tape? Tryin to catch the corner is a bear, that's the only way I
    >know.

    Tweezers?

    > 'Bout this time of year, winter, ;0, I can almost sand wood with my
    >hands. Nnnn, I can almost sand with 'em anytime akshully. ;)

    --
    You don't change the way people think by changing what they say.
    You change the way people think with HEADLESS CHARRED BODIES FLY-

    Mara, Dec 21, 2003
  5. Greg M

    Liz Guest

    "Greg M" wrote:

    > Anyone have any tips for getting the backing away from the fricking
    > label tape? Tryin to catch the corner is a bear, that's the only way I
    > know.

    Do it with the backing facing you, so you can see where to
    insert your nail and peel apart.

    Or use a Scotch tape, affix it to the front of the label, lift the lable
    off the backing, put the label where you want, after it has adhered to
    the surface, remove the Scotch tape.

    To remove sticky label, spray a little WD40, leave it for a few
    minutes, the label will slide right off. Very useful at Christmas time
    for removing the price tag. :)

    Liz, Dec 21, 2003
  6. Greg M

    Shel-hed Guest

    On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 16:58:48 GMT, "Liz" <> wrote in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >"Greg M" wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone have any tips for getting the backing away from the fricking
    >> label tape? Tryin to catch the corner is a bear, that's the only way I
    >> know.

    >Do it with the backing facing you, so you can see where to
    >insert your nail and peel apart.
    >
    >Or use a Scotch tape, affix it to the front of the label, lift the lable
    >off the backing, put the label where you want, after it has adhered to
    >the surface, remove the Scotch tape.
    >
    >To remove sticky label, spray a little WD40, leave it for a few
    >minutes, the label will slide right off. Very useful at Christmas time
    >for removing the price tag. :)

    I've used veggie oil in a pinch too. It works good on some stickers.

    Shel-hed, Dec 21, 2003
  7. UdderBalm

    http://www.originaludderbalm.com/original/

    ....and it doesn't have a feminine smell, nor is it manly. But the stuff
    works!!!! If it will work on my dry skin, it will work on anything.....;o/

    Greg M <> chiseled in stone, the following words

    @}-}-------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm
    www.freedonation.com www.hungersite.com

    @}-}-------Rosee, Dec 22, 2003
  8. Greg M

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 20:11:45 -0600, @}-}-------Rosee wrote:

    >UdderBalm
    >
    >http://www.originaludderbalm.com/original/
    >
    >...and it doesn't have a feminine smell, nor is it manly. But the stuff
    >works!!!! If it will work on my dry skin, it will work on anything.....;o/

    It works great on second-degree burns all over the palm and fingers of your
    hand, too. No scarring or tightness, and I burned the HELL out of it. Blistered
    80% of the surface area.

    "Good stuff."

    Mara, Dec 22, 2003
  9. Greg M

    °Mike° Guest

    That'll get the backing off his label tapes, alright... ;oP

    On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 20:11:45 -0600, in
    <Xns9458CD6FE76E4roseeneener@216.196.97.138>
    @}-}-------Rosee scrawled:

    >UdderBalm
    >
    >http://www.originaludderbalm.com/original/
    >
    >...and it doesn't have a feminine smell, nor is it manly. But the stuff
    >works!!!! If it will work on my dry skin, it will work on anything.....;o/
    >
    >Greg M <> chiseled in stone, the following words
    >
    >> Anyone have any tips for getting the backing away from the fricking
    >> label tape? Tryin to catch the corner is a bear, that's the only way I
    >> know.
    >>
    >> 'Bout this time of year, winter, ;0, I can almost sand wood with my
    >> hands. Nnnn, I can almost sand with 'em anytime akshully. ;)

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Dec 22, 2003
  10. Greg M

    Greg M Guest

    "Bryan" <> wrote in news:eek:oiFb.7837$FN.5418@newsfep4-
    winn.server.ntli.net:

    > "Greg M" <> wrote in message
    >> Anyone have any tips for getting the backing away from the fricking
    >> label tape? Tryin to catch the corner is a bear, that's the only way
    >> I know.

    > Ask a woman or child to do it, smaller fingers - thinner nails!
    > You could try a sharp, small, kitchen knife and use it like you were
    > peeling veg.
    >:)
    > Domesticated Husband

    I'm domesticated too, but quite solo. ;-)

    --
    You can pick your
    friends, but not to pieces.

    Greg M, Dec 22, 2003
  11. Greg M

    Greg M Guest

    I know Udderbalm. Quite good stuff!

    Thanks.

    --
    You can pick your
    friends, but not to pieces.

    Greg M, Dec 22, 2003
  12. Greg M

    Greg M Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in

    > Greg M said:
    >
    >> Anyone have any tips for getting the backing away from the fricking
    >> label tape? Tryin to catch the corner is a bear, that's the only way I
    >> know.
    >>
    >> 'Bout this time of year, winter, ;0, I can almost sand wood with my
    >> hands. Nnnn, I can almost sand with 'em anytime akshully. ;)

    > A very sharp, thin, blade?

    Heh heh. I'd almost try to knick/ dent the blade of the label maker to
    create a ragged little stub to grab. Mmm.

    --
    You can pick your
    friends, but not to pieces.

    Greg M, Dec 22, 2003
  13. Greg M

    Greg M Guest

    Mara <> wrote in

    > On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 08:12:14 -0600, Greg M wrote:
    >

    >> Anyone have any tips for getting the backing away from the fricking
    >>label tape? Tryin to catch the corner is a bear, that's the only way I
    >>know.

    > Tweezers?

    Yeah, if they've got spring-loaded rubber grips. ;-)

    --
    You can pick your
    friends, but not to pieces.

    Greg M, Dec 22, 2003
  14. Greg M

    Greg M Guest

    "Liz" <> wrote in

    > "Greg M" wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone have any tips for getting the backing away from the
    >> fricking
    >> label tape? Tryin to catch the corner is a bear, that's the only
    >> way I know.

    > Do it with the backing facing you, so you can see where to
    > insert your nail and peel apart.
    >
    > Or use a Scotch tape, affix it to the front of the label, lift the
    > lable off the backing, put the label where you want, after it has
    > adhered to the surface, remove the Scotch tape.

    I kinda like the tape idea. My nails aren't really thin. ;-)

    Greg M, Dec 22, 2003
  15. Greg M

    Greg M Guest

    Maybe liabel <sic> to get some nails *on* my back. ;-Þ

    °Mike° <> wrote in

    --
    You can pick your
    friends, but not to pieces.

    Greg M, Dec 22, 2003
  16. Greg M

    °Mike° Guest

    Heh, you never know. :)

    On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 21:55:14 -0600, in
    <Xns9458E942B715oo27@216.196.97.132>
    Greg M scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 22, 2003
  17. Eventually....;oþ

    °Mike° <> chiseled in stone, the following
    words news::

    @}-}-------Rosee, Dec 22, 2003
  18. The stuff is a miracle. I, at one time, would only use Nivea Emulsion
    Oil, but they changed the formula, and it wasn't "Emulsion Oil"
    anymore....AND it didn't work as well, so I had to find something else.
    I used Eucerin until I found UdderBalm. Haven't looked back since...;o)

    Mara <> chiseled in stone, the following
    words news::

    @}-}-------Rosee, Dec 22, 2003
  19. You're welcome...;o)

    As for the label tape, dispense a bit more blank tape and bend and crease
    it, to be able to pull off that stubborn back...and then cut the excess
    after you've fought with the backing.

    @}-}-------Rosee, Dec 22, 2003
  20. Greg M

    Greg M Guest

    I really don't use anything because some of my fingers split at the
    corner of the nail. Using anything that keeps them moist and , ah ..., I
    just don't have time to not be able to use my hands I guess.

    Maybe Neosporin. It would have to be anti-bacterial, I think. But I'd have
    to wear gloves to bed, and that just doesn't cut it. Heh hee hee :)

    Greg M, Dec 23, 2003