    Thanks,

    Mike Christie
    mike [at] csquared [dot] com

    Mike Christie, Aug 11, 2007

  2. Mike Christie

    Ray Paseur Guest

    Mike Christie <> wrote in
    news::

    > I'm looking for a reliable lab for scanning slides onto CD or DVD. I
    > have several carousel trays of my grandfather's from the 1960's I want
    > to digitize.
    >
    > I have scanned my own slides in the past, but I do not have a scanner
    > set up on my current Vista system. Since my own photography is
    > strictly digital these days, I'm not inclined to buy one.
    >
    > Suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike Christie
    > mike [at] csquared [dot] com

    Mike, in Washington, DC, you can use Chrome Labs or the National Geographic
    photo service. Google 'em. They're both highly competent. ~Ray

    Ray Paseur, Aug 12, 2007

  3. Mike Christie

    tomm42 Guest

    On Aug 11, 3:30 pm, Mike Christie <> wrote:
    > I'm looking for a reliable lab for scanning slides onto CD or DVD. I
    > have several carousel trays of my grandfather's from the 1960's I want
    > to digitize.
    >
    > I have scanned my own slides in the past, but I do not have a scanner
    > set up on my current Vista system. Since my own photography is
    > strictly digital these days, I'm not inclined to buy one.
    >
    > Suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike Christie
    > mike [at] csquared [dot] com

    www.imagers.com they did a lot of work for me before I had a scanner,
    they do very good work. Most labs, including Imagers, only accept
    slides in sleaves not trays, just a heads up.
    After you find that you will pay about $.90 cents a scan, you may want
    to look into your own scanner, may I suggest the Epson V700, a good
    film scanner that takes 12 slides at a time and is also a very good
    flatbed. 12 slides is a lot easier to work with than the 50 a Nikon
    bulk holder takes. Also the Nokon LS5000 is only marginally better
    than the V700.

    Tom

    tomm42, Aug 13, 2007