    --
    Regards / Med venlig hilsen
    Kenneth @ Copenhagen, Denmark

    Kenneth Darling Soerensen, Nov 1, 2004

  2. Kenneth Darling Soerensen <> wrote in

    > For a US colleague, I have tried finding a good service provider that
    > has LA local phone numbers without a rate plan, just pay as you go.

    Forgot: Must have voicemail as well..

    --
    Regards / Med venlig hilsen
    Kenneth

    Kenneth Darling Soerensen, Nov 1, 2004

  3. >> For a US colleague, I have tried finding a good service provider that
    >> has LA local phone numbers without a rate plan, just pay as you go.

    >Forgot: Must have voicemail as well..

    Lingo's Lingolink plan has voicemail, no included minutes, and offers
    numbers in several 213 and 323 exchanges. It's $8/mo. I'm not aware
    of anything cheaper. There aren't many people handing out free phone
    numbers any more.

    John R. Levine, Nov 2, 2004
  4. (John R. Levine) wrote in news:cm6qb9$qbg$:

    > Lingo's Lingolink plan has voicemail, no included minutes, and offers
    > numbers in several 213 and 323 exchanges. It's $8/mo. I'm not aware
    > of anything cheaper. There aren't many people handing out free phone
    > numbers any more.

    Thanks for the link, John. Today I cam across Sipphone.com which seems to
    offer what I am looking for including voicemail and numbers in the 310 area
    code for $6/month so I think that's the route to go. There is no startup fee
    either as far as I can see whereas Lingo has a $30 startup fee..

    --
    Regards / Med venlig hilsen
    Kenneth

    Kenneth Darling Soerensen, Nov 2, 2004
  5. (John R. Levine) wrote in message news:<cm6qb9$qbg$>...
    > >> For a US colleague, I have tried finding a good service provider that
    > >> has LA local phone numbers without a rate plan, just pay as you go.

    > >Forgot: Must have voicemail as well..

    > Lingo's Lingolink plan has voicemail, no included minutes, and offers
    > numbers in several 213 and 323 exchanges. It's $8/mo. I'm not aware
    > of anything cheaper. There aren't many people handing out free phone
    > numbers any more.

    Broadvoice has a $5.95 plan which included 100 minutes outbound and
    unlimited inbound.

    Len Hightower, Nov 3, 2004