La Double Vie de Veronique...when out on DVD?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by JJ, Aug 23, 2004.

  1. JJ

    JJ Guest

    This is #1 on my "I sure wish it were out on dvd" list.

    Anybody know if there are plans in the works to get this out on DVD?

    Shall we all search for it on amazon and other sites to create a buzz
    for it?

    Anybody have any comments about the alternate versions.
    I have to hang my head in shame and say I didn't understand the
    American verson. I just thought it was that European ambiguity!

    Jay

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101765/alternateversions

    Alternate Versions for
    Double vie de Véronique, La (1991)

    * The American version features a different ending: in the
    original, Veronique drives to the house where her is still living and
    pauses outside to touch a tree. Her father realizes she's outside and
    raises his head from the bench where he's working. The American
    version features 1 minute of additional footage showing the father
    stepping outside the house, calling his daughter and Veronique running
    into his arms. Kieslowski shot the additional sequences after the
    film's premiere at the New York Film Festival in 1991, when he
    realized that the audience didn't understand the meaning of the
    original ending.
    JJ, Aug 23, 2004

  2. JJ

    Goro Guest

    (JJ) wrote in message news:<>...
    > This is #1 on my "I sure wish it were out on dvd" list.
    >
    > Anybody know if there are plans in the works to get this out on DVD?
    >
    > Shall we all search for it on amazon and other sites to create a buzz
    > for it?
    >
    > Anybody have any comments about the alternate versions.
    > I have to hang my head in shame and say I didn't understand the
    > American verson. I just thought it was that European ambiguity!
    >
    > Jay
    >
    > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101765/alternateversions
    >
    > Alternate Versions for
    > Double vie de Véronique, La (1991)
    >
    > * The American version features a different ending: in the
    > original, Veronique drives to the house where her is still living and
    > pauses outside to touch a tree. Her father realizes she's outside and
    > raises his head from the bench where he's working. The American
    > version features 1 minute of additional footage showing the father
    > stepping outside the house, calling his daughter and Veronique running
    > into his arms. Kieslowski shot the additional sequences after the
    > film's premiere at the New York Film Festival in 1991, when he
    > realized that the audience didn't understand the meaning of the
    > original ending.

    SUBSCRIBE!!!!!111!

    3colors cam eout in a beatueous boxset.

    Then Dekalog was releasd.

    Last week, 4 earlier Kieslowski works were released (Camera Buff,
    Blind CHance, No End, Scar), so i'm hope-hope-hoping that Double Life
    of Veronque is queued up.

    -goro-
    Goro, Aug 23, 2004