    Im wanting to put together a small LAN at home for training purposes on
    network administration... is why I ask.

    , Aug 4, 2003

  2. Disadvantage with a remote control tool is that the OS has to be up and
    running before you can use remote control.

    With a KVM switch you have access to the PC even at BIOS level.

    Brendon Rogers, Aug 4, 2003

  3. licknlabia Guest

    Unless you can afford to purchase something similar to a Raritan
    Telereach.....

    licknlabia, Aug 4, 2003
  4. |{evin Guest

    On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 16:57:30 -0400, "Brendon Rogers"
    <> wrote:

    >Disadvantage with a remote control tool is that the OS has to be up and
    >running before you can use remote control.
    >
    >With a KVM switch you have access to the PC even at BIOS level.

    That's what Remote Insight Cards are for.

    |{evin, Aug 5, 2003
  5. Remote Insight Lights Out (ILO) by HP / Compaq. Great for remote sites. His
    question was about KVM and VNC and I really don't think ILO cards are cost
    effective for a home LAN for studying.

    Brendon Rogers, Aug 5, 2003
  6. Gary - US Guest

    Yes

    --

    Semper Fi & God Bless America,

    Gary-US MCNGP #20 & retired Jarhead

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
    ** Kindly Do The Needful **

    Gary - US, Aug 5, 2003
  7. billyw Guest

    think for yourself

    billyw, Aug 5, 2003
  8. Consultant Guest

    no

    Consultant, Aug 5, 2003
  9. |{evin Guest

    On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 22:22:58 -0400, "Brendon Rogers"
    <> wrote:
    >"|{evin" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 16:57:30 -0400, "Brendon Rogers"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Disadvantage with a remote control tool is that the OS has to be up and
    >> >running before you can use remote control.
    >> >
    >> >With a KVM switch you have access to the PC even at BIOS level.

    <smartass>

    >> That's what Remote Insight Cards are for.

    </smartass>