    scroll lock key twice are two beeps.
    Cheers,
    Paul

    Paul Burdett, Apr 16, 2006

  2. Paul Burdett

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Paul Burdett" <> wrote in message
    news:44420e55$0$20113$...
    > Hi,
    > I recently purchased a DSE (Dick Smith Electronics) 4 port AUTO KVM
    > switch. I'm currently running 2 computers with a single mouse,keyboard and
    > monitor. It works fine and I'm able to switch between computers by simply
    > pressing the appropriate button on the front of the kvm box. (PC1 or PC2).
    > However, the keyboard hot-key combination of scroll lock- scroll lock-
    > number key , does not work. I've tried other combinations...googled for
    > the last hour to find a solution, but have come up blank. I will call the
    > company on Tuesday, but I thought someone here may have a suggestion (keep
    > it clean lol). I'm running win xp pro on both computers. All that happens
    > after pressing the scroll lock key twice are two beeps.

    Did you pull the keyboard plugs from the KMV and unplug the KMV from the
    computers?
    Did you plug it all back in again to see if that fixed it?

    If it's under warrantee, then send it back and get another one if it cannot
    be fixed.

    I had a cheap Belkin KMV that the hot-key combination stopped working after
    a few months. The KMV hit the trash. When I get another KMV switch, it's
    going to be like the Blackbox that was used at the company in the server
    rooms, which were better but not cheap.

    Duane :)

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Apr 16, 2006

  3. Paul Burdett

    Supersano Guest

    On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 19:28:52 +1000, Paul Burdett wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I recently purchased a DSE (Dick Smith Electronics) 4 port AUTO KVM switch.
    > I'm currently running 2 computers with a single mouse,keyboard and monitor.
    > It works fine and I'm able to switch between computers by simply pressing
    > the appropriate button on the front of the kvm box. (PC1 or PC2). However,
    > the keyboard hot-key combination of scroll lock- scroll lock- number key ,
    > does not work. I've tried other combinations...googled for the last hour to
    > find a solution, but have come up blank. I will call the company on Tuesday,
    > but I thought someone here may have a suggestion (keep it clean lol). I'm
    > running win xp pro on both computers. All that happens after pressing the
    > scroll lock key twice are two beeps.
    > Cheers,
    > Paul

    The couple of KVMs I've seen use a double Ctrl tap to switch between
    boxen. One was a Linksys, the other an older, bigger one, but they both
    used the same keystrokes.

    --
    There's no gay cowboy like a lesbian cowboy.
    Thanks groo-- AFCA Summary03-31-06

    Supersano, Apr 16, 2006
  4. Paul Burdett

    Paul Burdett Guest

    "Supersano" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 19:28:52 +1000, Paul Burdett wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> I recently purchased a DSE (Dick Smith Electronics) 4 port AUTO KVM
    >> switch.
    >> I'm currently running 2 computers with a single mouse,keyboard and
    >> monitor.
    >> It works fine and I'm able to switch between computers by simply pressing
    >> the appropriate button on the front of the kvm box. (PC1 or PC2).
    >> However,
    >> the keyboard hot-key combination of scroll lock- scroll lock- number key
    >> ,
    >> does not work. I've tried other combinations...googled for the last hour
    >> find a solution, but have come up blank. I will call the company on
    >> Tuesday,
    >> but I thought someone here may have a suggestion (keep it clean lol). I'm
    >> running win xp pro on both computers. All that happens after pressing the
    >> scroll lock key twice are two beeps.
    >> Cheers,
    >> Paul

    > The couple of KVMs I've seen use a double Ctrl tap to switch between
    > boxen. One was a Linksys, the other an older, bigger one, but they both
    > used the same keystrokes.
    >
    > --
    > There's no gay cowboy like a lesbian cowboy.
    > Thanks groo-- AFCA Summary03-31-06

    Thanks, but that doesn't work either.

    Paul Burdett, Apr 16, 2006
  5. Paul Burdett

    Paul Burdett Guest

    "Supersano" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 19:28:52 +1000, Paul Burdett wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> I recently purchased a DSE (Dick Smith Electronics) 4 port AUTO KVM
    >> switch.
    >> I'm currently running 2 computers with a single mouse,keyboard and
    >> monitor.
    >> It works fine and I'm able to switch between computers by simply pressing
    >> the appropriate button on the front of the kvm box. (PC1 or PC2).
    >> However,
    >> the keyboard hot-key combination of scroll lock- scroll lock- number key
    >> ,
    >> does not work. I've tried other combinations...googled for the last hour
    >> find a solution, but have come up blank. I will call the company on
    >> Tuesday,
    >> but I thought someone here may have a suggestion (keep it clean lol). I'm
    >> running win xp pro on both computers. All that happens after pressing the
    >> scroll lock key twice are two beeps.
    >> Cheers,
    >> Paul

    > The couple of KVMs I've seen use a double Ctrl tap to switch between
    > boxen. One was a Linksys, the other an older, bigger one, but they both
    > used the same keystrokes.
    >
    > --
    > There's no gay cowboy like a lesbian cowboy.
    > Thanks groo-- AFCA Summary03-31-06

    Thank you...I already tried that combination..still doesn't work.
    Paul

    Paul Burdett, Apr 16, 2006
  6. Paul Burdett

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:44420e55$0$20113$,
    Paul Burdett spewed forth:
    > Hi,
    > I recently purchased a DSE (Dick Smith Electronics) 4 port AUTO KVM
    > switch. I'm currently running 2 computers with a single
    > mouse,keyboard and monitor. It works fine and I'm able to switch
    > between computers by simply pressing the appropriate button on the
    > front of the kvm box. (PC1 or PC2). However, the keyboard hot-key
    > combination of scroll lock- scroll lock- number key , does not work.
    > I've tried other combinations...googled for the last hour to find a
    > solution, but have come up blank. I will call the company on Tuesday,
    > but I thought someone here may have a suggestion (keep it clean lol).
    > I'm running win xp pro on both computers. All that happens after
    > pressing the scroll lock key twice are two beeps. Cheers,
    > Paul

    Mine switches into a 'scan mode' with scroll lock, scroll lock, space. If
    that is followed by another space, if locks onto that PC.

    --
    My wife and I divorced over religious differences. She thought she was
    God and I didn't.

    Toolman Tim, Apr 16, 2006
  7. Paul Burdett

    thanatoid Guest

    "Paul Burdett" <> wrote in

    > Hi,
    > I recently purchased a DSE (Dick Smith Electronics) 4 port
    > AUTO KVM switch. I'm currently running 2 computers with a
    > single mouse,keyboard and monitor. It works fine and I'm
    > able to switch between computers by simply pressing the
    > appropriate button on the front of the kvm box. (PC1 or
    > PC2). However, the keyboard hot-key combination of scroll
    > lock- scroll lock- number key , does not work. I've tried
    > other combinations...googled for the last hour to find a
    > solution, but have come up blank. I will call the company
    > on Tuesday, but I thought someone here may have a
    > suggestion (keep it clean lol). I'm running win xp pro on
    > both computers. All that happens after pressing the scroll
    > lock key twice are two beeps. Cheers,
    > Paul

    Not crazy about the brand name of your KVM. Also, why did you
    buy a 4-port unit if you only have 2 machines? (I tend to be
    curious, sorry.)

    I have two machines and I bought a linksys (cisco I think) KV-2
    mini-switch (I think it's the same as the Belkin one but belkins
    may be cheap copies or linksys quality control rejects (like a
    lot of the more esoteric "radio shack" stuff is - or at least
    was). It uses a double "scroll lock" to switch, I plugged it in
    about 15 months ago and the only thought I have ever had since
    then is what a great purchase it was. They cost about $30 in the
    States.

    --
    "everything's ducky"

    thanatoid, Apr 16, 2006
  8. Paul Burdett

    Paul Burdett Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > In news:44420e55$0$20113$,
    > Paul Burdett spewed forth:
    >> Hi,
    >> I recently purchased a DSE (Dick Smith Electronics) 4 port AUTO KVM
    >> switch. I'm currently running 2 computers with a single
    >> mouse,keyboard and monitor. It works fine and I'm able to switch
    >> between computers by simply pressing the appropriate button on the
    >> front of the kvm box. (PC1 or PC2). However, the keyboard hot-key
    >> combination of scroll lock- scroll lock- number key , does not work.
    >> I've tried other combinations...googled for the last hour to find a
    >> solution, but have come up blank. I will call the company on Tuesday,
    >> but I thought someone here may have a suggestion (keep it clean lol).
    >> I'm running win xp pro on both computers. All that happens after
    >> pressing the scroll lock key twice are two beeps. Cheers,
    >> Paul

    > Mine switches into a 'scan mode' with scroll lock, scroll lock, space. If
    > that is followed by another space, if locks onto that PC.

    Hey..that works!! it's a different hotkey combination from the manual...but
    what the heck...it works..thanks!!
    Paul

    Paul Burdett, Apr 17, 2006
  9. Paul Burdett

    Paul Burdett Guest

    "thanatoid" <> wrote in message
    > "Paul Burdett" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> I recently purchased a DSE (Dick Smith Electronics) 4 port
    >> AUTO KVM switch. I'm currently running 2 computers with a
    >> single mouse,keyboard and monitor. It works fine and I'm
    >> able to switch between computers by simply pressing the
    >> appropriate button on the front of the kvm box. (PC1 or
    >> PC2). However, the keyboard hot-key combination of scroll
    >> lock- scroll lock- number key , does not work. I've tried
    >> other combinations...googled for the last hour to find a
    >> solution, but have come up blank. I will call the company
    >> on Tuesday, but I thought someone here may have a
    >> suggestion (keep it clean lol). I'm running win xp pro on
    >> both computers. All that happens after pressing the scroll
    >> lock key twice are two beeps. Cheers,
    >> Paul
    >>

    > Not crazy about the brand name of your KVM. Also, why did you
    > buy a 4-port unit if you only have 2 machines? (I tend to be
    > curious, sorry.)

    The only one I could buy!

    Paul Burdett, Apr 17, 2006
  10. Paul Burdett

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:44431239$0$20113$,
    Paul Burdett spewed forth:
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> In news:44420e55$0$20113$,
    >> Paul Burdett spewed forth:
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I recently purchased a DSE (Dick Smith Electronics) 4 port AUTO KVM
    >>> switch. I'm currently running 2 computers with a single
    >>> mouse,keyboard and monitor. It works fine and I'm able to switch
    >>> between computers by simply pressing the appropriate button on the
    >>> front of the kvm box. (PC1 or PC2). However, the keyboard hot-key
    >>> combination of scroll lock- scroll lock- number key , does not work.
    >>> I've tried other combinations...googled for the last hour to find a
    >>> solution, but have come up blank. I will call the company on
    >>> Tuesday, but I thought someone here may have a suggestion (keep it
    >>> clean lol). I'm running win xp pro on both computers. All that
    >>> happens after pressing the scroll lock key twice are two beeps.
    >>> Cheers, Paul

    >> Mine switches into a 'scan mode' with scroll lock, scroll lock,
    >> space. If that is followed by another space, if locks onto that PC.

    > Hey..that works!! it's a different hotkey combination from the
    > manual...but what the heck...it works..thanks!!
    > Paul

    You bet! They were probably all made by the same people anyway <g>

    Toolman Tim, Apr 17, 2006
  11. Paul Burdett

    l REED Guest

    l REED, Apr 17, 2006
  12. Paul Burdett

    David Wilson

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    Melbourne
    Dear Paul,

    I've just installed one of the 4-port Dick Smith KVMs too. You must press the ENTER key after the port number! So for example, to select port 2 you would key:

    ScrollLock ScrollLock 2 Enter

    David Wilson.

    David Wilson, Jan 5, 2009