    problem but normally it doesn't need power.

    Thanks in advance,
    Chris.

    Chris, Oct 12, 2003

  2. Most PC's will have a BIOS option - Halt on Error - choose 'all but
    keyboard'.

    "Chris" <> wrote in message
    > I have 3 PC's connected thru a 4 port KVM switch. 2 of the 3 computors

    work

    lostforwords.org, Oct 12, 2003

  3. Chris

    Chris Guest

    lostforwords.org wrote:

    > Most PC's will have a BIOS option - Halt on Error - choose 'all but
    > keyboard'.

    Worked a treat. Thanks very much.
    Chris.

    Chris, Oct 12, 2003
  4. On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:31:41 +1300, Chris wrote:

    >> Most PC's will have a BIOS option - Halt on Error - choose 'all but
    >> keyboard'.

    > Worked a treat. Thanks very much.

    One other trap with cheap KVM switches:

    If you have a PS2 mouse and the KVM isn't switched to the computer as it
    is booting up, the computer will often decide there's no mouse there at
    all...

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Oct 12, 2003
  5. Chris

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>, alanb+google4
    @digistar.com says...
    > On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:31:41 +1300, Chris wrote:
    >
    > >> Most PC's will have a BIOS option - Halt on Error - choose 'all but
    > >> keyboard'.

    > > Worked a treat. Thanks very much.

    > One other trap with cheap KVM switches:
    >
    > If you have a PS2 mouse and the KVM isn't switched to the computer as it
    > is booting up, the computer will often decide there's no mouse there at
    > all...

    And another, my PC beeps a lot if there is no display connected when it
    is turned on.

    The more intelligent and expensive electronic KVMs profess to be able to
    emulate the different devices at bootup.

    Mainlander, Oct 13, 2003
  6. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Mainlander wrote:

    > In article <>, alanb+google4
    > @digistar.com says...

    >> > Worked a treat. Thanks very much.

    >> One other trap with cheap KVM switches:
    >>
    >> If you have a PS2 mouse and the KVM isn't switched to the computer as it
    >> is booting up, the computer will often decide there's no mouse there at
    >> all...

    > And another, my PC beeps a lot if there is no display connected when it
    > is turned on.
    >
    > The more intelligent and expensive electronic KVMs profess to be able to
    > emulate the different devices at bootup.

    This one claims to emulate all the devices too, and it seems to be able to
    be able to do so as I haven't had any of the problems you or Uncle
    StoatWarbler have mentioned.

    Since I changed the "halt" BIOS setting everything has worked swimmingly.

    Cheers,
    Chris.

    Chris, Oct 13, 2003
  7. > And another, my PC beeps a lot if there is no display connected when it
    > is turned on.
    >
    > The more intelligent and expensive electronic KVMs profess to be able to
    > emulate the different devices at bootup.

    My cheap DSE 2 port one has no problems with that.

    Mind you, the keysequence to change PC is a bit of a pain, scroll lock twice
    then escape... but oh well, small price to avoid RDP between my machines on the
    same desk

    Richard Malcolm-Smith, Oct 13, 2003