    any text for it, nor does the Closed Caption on the VHS tape....
    This has been driving me crazy for the past decade....can ANYONE figure out
    what he said?
    Joseph S. Powell, III, Oct 19, 2007

  2. Joseph S. Powell, III

    kaboom Guest

    On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 18:34:59 -0500, "Joseph S. Powell, III"
    <> wrote:

    >Let's see if anyone can figure out that mysterious sentence from the movie
    >Miracle Mile that Kurt Fuller (the actor who is also in Waynes world, where
    >Garth tells him that if Rob Lowe were an ice cream flavor, he'd be Pralines
    >and #ick) shouted up on the roof of the skyscraper - right after he yelled,
    >"Holy #$%@#$%#$, there's the first #$%#$ right now - do you see what I see?"
    >Then he says something that sounds like, "Falling now our shorting powers."
    >I KNOW that can't be what he said - even the caption on the DVD doesn't give
    >any text for it, nor does the Closed Caption on the VHS tape....
    >This has been driving me crazy for the past decade....can ANYONE figure out
    >what he said?

    Holy cock-sucking
    mother of Christ!

    There's the first
    son of a bitch right now!

    See what I see?

    Look at that baby go!

    It's going all the way
    to Tia-fucking-juana!

    http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/m/miracle-mile-script-transcript-edwards.html

    kaboomie
    kaboom, Oct 19, 2007

  3. See, even the script omits it - you'd have to actually see that scene to
    know what I'm talking about....
    I doubt even Kurt Fuller would remember what that line was...
    Anyway, check out the scene (not the script) & tell me what you think it
    was....

    Joseph S. Powell, III, Oct 20, 2007
  4. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Guest

    On Oct 19, 5:08 pm, "Joseph S. Powell, III" <> wrote:
    > See, even the script omits it - you'd have to actually see that scene to
    > know what I'm talking about....
    > I doubt evenKurt Fullerwould remember what that line was...
    > Anyway, check out the scene (not the script) & tell me what you think it
    > was....
    >
    > "kaboom" <> wrote in message

    > > On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 18:34:59 -0500, "Joseph S. Powell, III"
    > > <> wrote:

    > > >Let's see if anyone can figure out that mysterious sentence from the

    > movie
    > > >Miracle Mile that Kurt Fuller(the actor who is also in Waynes world,

    > where
    > > >Garth tells him that if Rob Lowe were an ice cream flavor, he'd be

    > Pralines
    > > >and #ick) shouted up on the roof of the skyscraper - right after he

    > yelled,
    > > >"Holy #$%@#$%#$, there's the first #$%#$ right now - do you see what I

    > see?"
    > > >Then he says something that sounds like, "Falling now our shorting

    > powers."
    > > >I KNOW that can't be what he said - even the caption on the DVD doesn't

    > give
    > > >any text for it, nor does the Closed Caption on the VHS tape....
    > > >This has been driving me crazy for the past decade....can ANYONE figure

    > out
    > > >what he said?

    > > Holy cock-sucking
    > > mother of Christ!

    > > There's the first
    > > son of a bitch right now!

    > > See what I see?

    > > Look at that baby go!

    > > It's going all the way
    > > to Tia-fucking-juana!

    > http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/m/miracle-mile-script-tran...
    >

    > > kaboomie

    > See, even the script omits it - you'd have to actually see that scene to
    > know what I'm talking about....
    > I doubt evenKurt Fullerwould remember what that line was...
    > Anyway, check out the scene (not the script) & tell me what you think it
    > was....- Hide quoted text -

    This is Kurt Fuller and I'm going to try and end a decade of pain for
    you. I believe the line I said (and it WAS a long time ago) was "Beam
    me up Shorty Powers". I think Shorty Powers ran ground control for the
    space progam in the 60's or 70's.
    Anyway, Steve Dejarnett came up with it on the set that day (I think).
    That is the story to the best of my recollection. Hope you can sleep
    now.
    , Nov 2, 2007
  5. Joseph S. Powell, III

    kaboom Guest

    On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 22:49:42 -0700, wrote:

    >On Oct 19, 5:08 pm, "Joseph S. Powell, III" <> wrote:

    >> "kaboom" <> wrote in message

    >> movie

    >> where

    >> Pralines

    >> yelled,

    >> see?"

    >> powers."

    >> give

    >> out

    >> > Holy cock-sucking
    >> > mother of Christ!

    >> > There's the first
    >> > son of a bitch right now!

    >> > See what I see?

    >> > Look at that baby go!

    >> > It's going all the way
    >> > to Tia-fucking-juana!

    >> http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/m/miracle-mile-script-tran...
    >>

    >> > kaboomie

    >> See, even the script omits it - you'd have to actually see that scene to
    >> know what I'm talking about....
    >> I doubt evenKurt Fullerwould remember what that line was...
    >> Anyway, check out the scene (not the script) & tell me what you think it
    >> was....- Hide quoted text -

    >This is Kurt Fuller and I'm going to try and end a decade of pain for
    >you. I believe the line I said (and it WAS a long time ago) was "Beam
    >me up Shorty Powers". I think Shorty Powers ran ground control for the
    >space progam in the 60's or 70's.
    >Anyway, Steve Dejarnett came up with it on the set that day (I think).
    >That is the story to the best of my recollection. Hope you can sleep
    >now.

    **Wow! Thanks for the info, Kurt!

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_A._Powers

    kaboomie
    kaboom, Nov 2, 2007
  6. "kaboom" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 22:49:42 -0700,
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Oct 19, 5:08 pm, "Joseph S. Powell, III"
    >><> wrote:

    >>> movie
    >>> where
    >>> Pralines
    >>> yelled,
    >>> see?"
    >>> powers."
    >>> give
    >>> out

    >>> http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/m/miracle-mile-script-tran...

    >>> See, even the script omits it - you'd have to actually
    >>> see that scene to
    >>> know what I'm talking about....
    >>> I doubt evenKurt Fullerwould remember what that line
    >>> was...
    >>> Anyway, check out the scene (not the script) & tell me
    >>> what you think it
    >>> was....- Hide quoted text -

    >>This is Kurt Fuller and I'm going to try and end a decade
    >>of pain for
    >>you. I believe the line I said (and it WAS a long time
    >>ago) was "Beam
    >>me up Shorty Powers". I think Shorty Powers ran ground
    >>control for the
    >>space progam in the 60's or 70's.
    >>Anyway, Steve Dejarnett came up with it on the set that
    >>day (I think).
    >>That is the story to the best of my recollection. Hope you
    >>can sleep
    >>now.

    > **Wow! Thanks for the info, Kurt!
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_A._Powers
    >
    > kaboomie

    From http://history.nasa.gov/bioso-s.html :

    "Lt. Col. John A. "Shorty" Powers was a well-known public
    affairs officer for NASA in the early 1960s during Project
    Mercury. He was also known as the "Eighth Astronaut" and the
    "Voice of Mission Control." After enlisting in the Army Air
    Corps in 1942, Powers became a C-47 pilot with the 349th
    Troop Carrier Wing. Powers left active service in January
    1947, but was recalled to active duty in December 1948 and
    flew as part of the Berlin Airlift, flying 185 round trip
    flights.

    Powers later served in the Korean War and earned the Bronze
    Star. After Korea, Powers bounced around the Air Force,
    helping to establish the first Community Relations Program
    in 1955. After being assigned to the personal staff of Major
    General Bernard Schriever, Powers handled the public
    dissemination of information related to the Air Force's
    ballistic missile program. His experience with public
    relations caught the attention of the newly formed NASA, and
    Powers was detailed to NASA's Manned Spacecraft Center in
    April 1959. He resigned from NASA in 1963 and retired from
    the Air Force in 1964. He died in 1980 at the age of 57.

    Source: "John A. 'Shorty' Powers" biographical file, NASA
    Historical Reference Collection."

    Col. Powers was essentially the Public Affairs Officer for
    the manned spaceflight program. However, he didn't run
    "Ground Control" or anything of the sort. The NASA official
    called the "Flight Director" controls operations relative to
    manned space flight from Mission Control.

    Col. Powers also did the voice intro for the otherwise
    highly forgettable Jerry Lewis science-fiction spoof "Way,
    Way Out!" in the mid-1960s.

    Vance P. Frickey

    "False words are not only evil in themselves, but they
    infect the soul with evil." -- Socrates

    remove safety from Email address to use
    Vance P. Frickey, Nov 3, 2007