    around.

    Take a bow Carsten Pfeiffer, the person who brings us Kuickshow according
    to the credits.

    Gordon, Jun 13, 2004

  2. Gordon

    albright Guest

    Gordon wrote:

    > The point is that no matter whether the camera is vertical or horizontial
    > kuickshow shows them the right way. Very clever, darn good old chap.
    >
    > So suddenly here is an image viewer which displays the images as one takes
    > them. None of this having to rotate them so they display the right way
    > around.

    doesn't work for me, with pics from an olympus digital camera. Are you
    sure you hadn't rotated the pics with an image progam and saved? Anyway,
    how *could* kuickshow do this seeing as the meta-data for the picture
    is just going to be, say, 1600x1200 for "horizontal" display, kuickshow
    can't see the picture after all. I have to admit I'm skeptical ...
    --
    .... there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth
    doing as simply messing about with Linux ...

    albright, Jun 13, 2004

  3. Gordon

    Snowbat Guest

    On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 18:15:02 +1200, Gordon wrote:

    > The point is that no matter whether the camera is vertical or
    > horizontial kuickshow shows them the right way. Very clever, darn good
    > old chap.

    You may find it is a feature of your camera and how it saves
    images (orientation detection) rather than Kuickshow.

    Snowbat, Jun 13, 2004
  4. Gordon

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Snowbat wrote:

    > On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 18:15:02 +1200, Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> The point is that no matter whether the camera is vertical or
    >> horizontial kuickshow shows them the right way. Very clever, darn good
    >> old chap.

    > You may find it is a feature of your camera and how it saves
    > images (orientation detection) rather than Kuickshow.

    I just tried some images from my Canon 10D. Kuickshow does auto-orient them.

    It is a function of the camera. Some have sensors that detect the camera
    orientation when an picture is taken. This information is recorded
    in the image file.

    Kuickshow obviously can read and interpret the orientation data.

    Yes it is slick :) Kuickshow is an *excellent* image viewer.

    Jim Townsend, Jun 13, 2004