kubuntu - k3b

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Andrew, Feb 14, 2006.

  1. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Right

    I have Kubuntu running on my machine
    using k3b to burn dvds ive found that they all burn fine and say they
    are all okay, However really they are all coasters..

    Also the writing speed, It wont write any faster then 1x usually ranges
    from 0.8-1x

    I have a 16x liteon burner and am using 8x media

    I have also tried using command line methods - growisofs and this also
    burns at only 1x (these turn into coasters also)

    A second machine has the same problems..

    So ive ruled out faulty hardware.... Oh and also cds burn great, Just
    not dvds..

    Does anyone have any insite?

    Andrew, Feb 14, 2006

  2. Andrew

    Shane Guest

    On 2006-02-14, Andrew <> wrote:
    > Right
    >
    > I have Kubuntu running on my machine
    > using k3b to burn dvds ive found that they all burn fine and say they
    > are all okay, However really they are all coasters..
    >
    > Also the writing speed, It wont write any faster then 1x usually ranges
    > from 0.8-1x
    >
    > I have a 16x liteon burner and am using 8x media
    >
    > I have also tried using command line methods - growisofs and this also
    > burns at only 1x (these turn into coasters also)
    >
    > A second machine has the same problems..
    >
    > So ive ruled out faulty hardware.... Oh and also cds burn great, Just
    > not dvds..
    >
    > Does anyone have any insite?

    Insite.. no
    but youre not alone, recently K3B has been making my CDs into coasters,
    but on another OS, same machine, alls fine and dandy
    (No help, but proof its not you :)

    Shane, Feb 14, 2006

  3. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Shane wrote:
    > On 2006-02-14, Andrew <> wrote:
    >> Right
    >>
    >> I have Kubuntu running on my machine
    >> using k3b to burn dvds ive found that they all burn fine and say they
    >> are all okay, However really they are all coasters..
    >>
    >> Also the writing speed, It wont write any faster then 1x usually ranges
    >> from 0.8-1x
    >>
    >> I have a 16x liteon burner and am using 8x media
    >>
    >> I have also tried using command line methods - growisofs and this also
    >> burns at only 1x (these turn into coasters also)
    >>
    >> A second machine has the same problems..
    >>
    >> So ive ruled out faulty hardware.... Oh and also cds burn great, Just
    >> not dvds..
    >>
    >> Does anyone have any insite?

    > Insite.. no
    > but youre not alone, recently K3B has been making my CDs into coasters,
    > but on another OS, same machine, alls fine and dandy
    > (No help, but proof its not you :)

    Damn...

    We are currently trialing kububtu at our company as an upgrade from
    RH9... the IT dept is testing and smoothing out bugs..

    This is a big one

    Andrew, Feb 14, 2006