Kubrick SE DVDs

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Goro, Nov 11, 2006.

  1. Goro

    Goro Guest

    from digitalbits:

    By the way, a lot of you have been asking what's up with Warner's
    promised Stanley Kubrick special editions - the ones that we talked
    about back in January when we attended the studio's 2006 catalog DVD
    event. I've checked in with Warner reps and have learned that they're
    definitely still on the way. They're being completely remastered and
    will have all-new special features. They're now planned for release
    sometime in 2007... but most of you probably already guessed that. Just
    know that they're still coming and they should be pretty cool. We'll
    say more when there's more to say.

    ---

    This is the first time i've heard of this. I've heard that the HD-DVD
    version are not going to be 4:3 like the DVDs, but I've not heard of SE
    editions. Anyone shed some light on this for me?

    thx
    -goro-
    Goro, Nov 11, 2006

  2. Goro

    rob Guest

    On 11 Nov 2006 14:13:20 -0800, "Goro" <> wrote:

    >from digitalbits:
    >
    >By the way, a lot of you have been asking what's up with Warner's
    >promised Stanley Kubrick special editions - the ones that we talked
    >about back in January when we attended the studio's 2006 catalog DVD
    >event. I've checked in with Warner reps and have learned that they're
    >definitely still on the way. They're being completely remastered and
    >will have all-new special features. They're now planned for release
    >sometime in 2007... but most of you probably already guessed that. Just
    >know that they're still coming and they should be pretty cool. We'll
    >say more when there's more to say.
    >
    >---
    >
    >This is the first time i've heard of this. I've heard that the HD-DVD
    >version are not going to be 4:3 like the DVDs, but I've not heard of SE
    >editions. Anyone shed some light on this for me?
    >
    >thx
    >-goro-

    Are the HD-DVD transfers matted widescreen ?
    rob, Nov 12, 2006