    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks a bunch

    Andrew

    tweety, Apr 16, 2009

  2. tweety

    klaus zerwes Guest

    tweety schrieb:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Is there anyone out there that can point me in the right direction, i
    > am looking to send configs from about 7 cat3560 switches to a tftp
    > server, this id like to do for example on a sunday night at midnight.
    > Someone had mentioned using the schedular to do this? Kron i believe ?

    The software for execute scheduled commands at some given time is named
    cron.

    For the backup of the configs I use rancid.

    rancid is what you are looking for! It uses CVS, so you are able to
    restore even a config in use 6 months that has changed several times.
    For the scheduled execution it really uses cron ;-)

    http://www.shrubbery.net/rancid/

    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks a bunch
    >
    > Andrew

    Regards
    Klaus

    --
    Klaus Zerwes
    http://www.zero-sys.net

    klaus zerwes, Apr 16, 2009

  3. tweety

    xerofun

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    kron tftp backup cisco

    Hi tweety,

    just do the following:

    Code:
    kron occurrence backup at 00:00 sun recurring
     policy-list backup
    !
    kron policy-list backup
     cli write
     cli show running-config | redirect tftp://<ip>/<file>

    Be sure to run the command once on the cli, to see if it's working (tftp connectivity, permission to write the file on the tftp server, etc):
    Code:
    show running-config | redirect tftp://<ip>/<file>

    Best,
    Lars

    xerofun, Sep 18, 2009