    matching fingerprints!

    http://www.konicaminolta.ca/pdf/bizhub_C550_Sell_Sheet_Canada_web.pdf

    Is this just a sale propaganda?

    eager, May 15, 2007

  2. From: "eager" <>

    | Superior security and protection. Along with comprehensive security
    | functions to protect valuable data, the bizhub C550 offers a unique
    | Biometric Authentication option with "Touch and Print" feature that can
    | recognize unique physical characteristics of each user - more reliably than
    | matching fingerprints!
    |
    | http://www.konicaminolta.ca/pdf/bizhub_C550_Sell_Sheet_Canada_web.pdf
    |
    | Is this just a sale propaganda?

    Probzably.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    David H. Lipman, May 15, 2007

  3. eager

    Biskit Guest

    I have seen this device, and I have set some of them up. It is not propaganda, but it is sales speak. Not sure how much you know about similar biometric print readers, but they usually relate the fingerprint scan to a stored password. It is a little more secure than a password alone, but like we should all know, nothing is truly secure.

    ~Biskit

    Biskit, May 18, 2007