KonicaMinolta considering digital specific lens lineup for new digitalSLR

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Alan Browne, Aug 4, 2004.

  1. Alan Browne

    Alan Browne Guest

    Extract from Konica Minolta internal interview.

    Helberg (Marketing Manager from Konica Minolta Europe): Indeed,
    the expectations for this camera add to its appeal, with the wide
    variety of lenses as if being equipped with an Anti-Shake system.
    Although the conventional lenses are all useable, we still expect
    some new lenses exclusively designed for the Dynax 7 Digital. Are
    there any plans in the Development Centre for lenses optimised
    for the APS-C size imaging circle to get the best image?

    Ishizuka (General Manager of the Konica Minolta Development
    Center): Our lenses are compatible with both conventional film
    and digital cameras at present, and it is natural to expect that
    such lenses form part of our plan. We will try to release some
    information as soon as possible. Within the premise that many of
    our consumers still enjoy conventional film SLR photography, we
    have to offer the best product line-up. There is an idea for the
    future, that for customers of Digital SLRs we will propose an
    exclusively designed APS based platform lenses that bring
    benefits for their size, weight and so on.

    If you'd like a copy of the newsleter, please e-meil me.

    Alan Browne, Aug 4, 2004