    minolta.com--- only to find that it's now Konica Minolta! Guess I missed
    news of the acquisition. Criminy-- who's next?

    Doc
    Doc, Oct 21, 2003

  2. Doc

    NJH Guest

    "Doc" <Doc @ doc.net> wrote in message
    news:Qy%kb.7362$...
    > I was looking for some info on Minolta cameras and logged onto
    > minolta.com--- only to find that it's now Konica Minolta! Guess I missed
    > news of the acquisition. Criminy-- who's next?

    I believe it was a merger rather than an acquisition, but the order of the
    names surprised me. Minolta Konica I could understand, but Konica Minolta?!

    Neil

    NJH, Oct 21, 2003

  3. Doc

    Alan Browne Guest

    NJH wrote:

    > "Doc" <Doc @ doc.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>I was looking for some info on Minolta cameras and logged onto
    >>minolta.com--- only to find that it's now Konica Minolta! Guess I missed
    >>news of the acquisition. Criminy-- who's next?

    > I believe it was a merger rather than an acquisition, but the order of the
    > names surprised me. Minolta Konica I could understand, but Konica Minolta?!
    >
    > Neil

    It's that old Golden Rule: "He who has the gold makes the rules."
    Alan Browne, Oct 21, 2003
  4. Doc

    Doc Guest

    "Alan Browne" <"Alan Browne"@videotron.canospam> wrote in message

    > NJH wrote:
    >
    > > "Doc" <Doc @ doc.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>I was looking for some info on Minolta cameras and logged onto
    > >>minolta.com--- only to find that it's now Konica Minolta! Guess I missed
    > >>news of the acquisition. Criminy-- who's next?

    > > I believe it was a merger rather than an acquisition, but the order of

    the
    > > names surprised me. Minolta Konica I could understand, but Konica

    Minolta?!

    > > Neil
    > >

    > It's that old Golden Rule: "He who has the gold makes the rules."

    And "merger" is a nellyword the buyer uses so the company being bought
    doesn't feel "taken over."

    Doc
    Doc, Oct 21, 2003