    measekite Guest

    What are the top 3 point and shoot cameras under $500.

    Is the Konica Minolta as good as the Canon S1 IS?
    measekite, Jan 24, 2005

  2. measekite wrote:
    > What are the top 3 point and shoot cameras under $500.
    >
    > Is the Konica Minolta as good as the Canon S1 IS?

    You could ask in the new newsgroup:

    rec,photo.digital.zlr

    Personally, I got the Paransonic FZ20 because of its fine f/2.8 Leica lens
    and the price was right! You only really need IS if you need the very
    long telephoto lenses in these cameras.

    David
    David J Taylor, Jan 24, 2005

  3. measekite

    HRosita Guest

    >David J Taylor wrote:

    >You only really need IS if you need the very
    >long telephoto lenses in these cameras.

    Of course IS is a must for long telephoto but if your hands are not as steady
    as they used to be, or you want indoor pictures with available light, or you go
    to places that do not allow tripods like museums and/or other exhibitions, you
    will be delighted with IS.
    Rosita
    HRosita, Jan 25, 2005
  4. measekite

    Alf92 Guest

    measekite a dit ├ža :

    > What are the top 3 point and shoot cameras under $500.
    >
    > Is the Konica Minolta as good as the Canon S1 IS?

    Forget the Canon...
    Choose a Minolta : better quality/price.

    --
    Cordialement,
    Alf92
    Alf92, Jan 27, 2005