    Best regards
    /Peter

    , Feb 11, 2007

  2. That is about what I get with my two digitals -- Olympus C-5000, and
    HP 525. I carry a spare battery(s) for each, just because of this. My
    son has a Nikon DSLR, and says he gets more with his. What do others
    say??

    professorpaul, Feb 11, 2007

  3. Cgiorgio Guest

    <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi,
    >
    > I bought a new Konica Minolta X1 last summer and I'm disappointed on
    > the short battery time. During my holiday I could only take around 50
    > pictures per charge (in 2560*1920, around 1,5MB each).
    > Isn't less than one day to little? This is my first digital cam so I'm
    > not that experienced. I have used 35 mm and APS cameras before and I
    > changed battery less than once a year...
    >
    > Best regards
    > /Peter

    I can not comment on the Konica Minolta X1 but I know similar digital
    cameras that can take around 150 - 300 shots with a similar capacity (3.7
    Volt 800 mAh) battery, so your battery might have suffered some damage. Try
    to find a compatible NP-1 style battery (original replacements are grossly
    overpriced)

    Cgiorgio, Feb 11, 2007
  4. ASAAR Guest

    On 11 Feb 2007 11:33:10 -0800, wrote:

    > I bought a new Konica Minolta X1 last summer and I'm disappointed on
    > the short battery time. During my holiday I could only take around 50
    > pictures per charge (in 2560*1920, around 1,5MB each).
    > Isn't less than one day to little? This is my first digital cam so I'm
    > not that experienced. I have used 35 mm and APS cameras before and I
    > changed battery less than once a year...

    50 pictures per charge is very low if you didn't use the flash.
    If you did, that may not be too far from a reasonable amount. Many
    camera manuals indicate how many shots you can expect from different
    types of shooting. Does yours? Note: Some "paper" manuals are
    either incomplete or are only Basic Guides, with the full, or
    Advanced Manual being supplied on a CD included with the camera.
    The batteries in your 35mm and APS cameras were probably much larger
    than the one in your X1.

    ASAAR, Feb 11, 2007
  5. ray Guest

    On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:33:10 -0800, peter.garpenberg wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I bought a new Konica Minolta X1 last summer and I'm disappointed on
    > the short battery time. During my holiday I could only take around 50
    > pictures per charge (in 2560*1920, around 1,5MB each).
    > Isn't less than one day to little? This is my first digital cam so I'm
    > not that experienced. I have used 35 mm and APS cameras before and I
    > changed battery less than once a year...
    >
    > Best regards
    > /Peter

    1) you're certainly not going to get a year's worth if you take very many
    pictures.

    2) what kind of batteries? If they a alkalines, that's pretty damned good.
    Much better would be NiMH rechargeables - they give about four or five
    times as much as alkalines per charge. Better yet are Lithium - they
    generally run for a LONG time, but they are fairly expensive.

    ray, Feb 11, 2007
  6. wrote:

    > I bought a new Konica Minolta X1 last summer and I'm disappointed on
    > the short battery time. During my holiday I could only take around 50
    > pictures per charge (in 2560*1920, around 1,5MB each).
    > Isn't less than one day to little? This is my first digital cam so I'm
    > not that experienced. I have used 35 mm and APS cameras before and I
    > changed battery less than once a year...

    In digital cameras, three things run down the battery. The LCD display,
    the anti-shake and the flash. If you can turn those off you can get a
    more pictures on a set of batteries. Your X1 doesn't have a viewfinder
    so you can't turn the LCD off except when you turn the camera off. Keep
    the camera off when you are not using it. I am surprised you are
    getting 50 pictures on a charge and not less. Your battery is tiny.

    The antishake uses quite a bit of power so it shuts itself off when the
    battery gets low. If you want to use antishake you must keep a fresh
    battery in the camera.

    I always carry 2 spare Minolta Lithium-Ion batteries with my Xi.

    The manual for your camera can be downloaded from:

    http://ca.konicaminolta.com/support/manuals/digital_cameras/dimage-x/inde
    x.html

    Spare Lithium Ion NP-1 batteries are available for $10 at:

    http://www.bestbatt.com/KonicaMinolta_NP_1_Battery_p/bbnp1-01.htm

    or

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CP4IJM/ref=nosim?s=merchant&m=A1LD8Y
    Q23K3G6J&v=glance&tag=nextag-photo-mp-20&camp=212325&creative=380341

    --
    Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
    http://rhodyman.net

    Stephen Henning, Feb 12, 2007