Konica Minolta technology is alive and well

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Stephen Henning, Sep 15, 2006.

  1. In March 2006, Konica Minolta announced that it would leave the
    photography business and transfer its camera technology to Sony.

    Sony is now introducing a line of DSLRs with the Minolta image stability
    scheme in the body rather than in the lens. This means that all Sony
    DSLR cameras will be compatible with all Konica Minolta Maxxum AF
    lenses. It will also use a line of Zeiss lenses.

    The Sony is also compatible with the Minolta Maxxum System Flashes.

    Reviewers are posting reviews of the Sony Alpha DSLR-A100. It's
    incorporation of Image Stabilization with older Maxxum Lenses is a plus,
    its relatively high color noise at high ASA's is a negative.
    Fortunately, with IS, use of high ASA's is seldom needed.

    Another plus is the anti dust scheme. Interchangeable lens cameras are
    prone to dust collecting on the image sensor when the lenses are
    changed, the dust appears as annoying spots in photos. The DSLR-A100
    offers a novel approach to fighting dust. The image sensor has an indium
    tin oxide coating to avoid static build-up and helps prevent dust from
    adhering. And when the camera is turned on or off, an anti-dust feature
    is activated that literally shakes off the dust particles.

    For more on their story:

    http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/electronics-computers/news-electronics
    -computers/september-2006/first-look-sony-alpha-dslr-a100-9-06/overview/0
    609_first-look-sony-alpha-dslr-a100_ov.htm

    http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/AA100/AA100A.HTM

    http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_reviews/alpha100.html

    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydslra100/

    --
    Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
    http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman
    Stephen Henning, Sep 15, 2006

  2. Stephen Henning

    Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 12:45:14 -0400, Stephen Henning wrote:

    > In March 2006, Konica Minolta announced that it would leave the
    > photography business and transfer its camera technology to Sony.

    Why are you giving us a history lesson?
    --
    Neil
    Delete l to reply
    Neil Ellwood, Sep 15, 2006

  3. Stephen Henning

    Bee Guest

    Neil Ellwood เขียน:

    Bee, Sep 15, 2006
  4. Stephen Henning

    Bee Guest

    Neil Ellwood เขียน:

    Bee, Sep 15, 2006
  5. Stephen Henning

    Bee Guest

    Bee เขียน:

    Bee, Sep 15, 2006
  6. Stephen Henning

    Bee Guest

    Bee เขียน:

    Bee, Sep 15, 2006
  7. Bee wrote:

    > Bee เขียน:
    >
    >>Neil Ellwood เขียน:

    >>>Why are you giving us a history lesson?
    >>>--
    >>>Neil
    >>>Delete l to reply what--Hi,hallo.you lady

    Are you trying to tell us something, Bee?

    Gary Eickmeier
    Gary Eickmeier, Sep 16, 2006